Author Topic: Changing from a IC1003 motherboard to a older one without text  (Read 1620 times)

Offline MangaAkuma

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • マンガ悪魔
Hi.. .. I hope I'm posting this on the right place now..

Anyway.. I'm having some problems with my PSP 1004  (FAT).. I had 2 PSP's and so I tried to change from the motherboard with the text IC1003 at the UMD-drive to one without.. after putting it togeather I couldn't start it (the power-LED flashed once and then nothing)...

I'm basicaly trying to build one PSP by taking parts from two others (the first one got a broken case and joystick.. it got the old motherboard without the IC1003 label + 1.50 firmware(unchanged)...  the second one got a broken port for the charger and a dark-blury screen.. motherboard with IC1003 label + 5.03 firmware).

Does anyone have any ideas of what may have gone wrong?.. (this is my first time opening up a PSP)  :help:

Offline MangaAkuma

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • マンガ悪魔
Re: Changing from a IC1003 motherboard to a older one without text
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »
After futher searching and testing I found out what the metal behind the motherboard was touching the motherboard.. after some small modifications to it, I finaly managed to successfully start my "new" PSP with the working parts from the other one... so mission complete :D

Offline elmario

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
The psp is shorted (meaning you didnt put is back together properly) check the drive cages and everything also make sure the screen is not in contact with the motherboard.

Hope this helps.

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »
I had the same exact issue on mobo i got from a friend i thought it was bricked but no mms or pandora would not work on it. So maybe i have the same issue as you bvut some ppl say it may be new mobo that cant be unbricked but im sure all phats can be unbricked.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal