Author Topic: Help needed for new model 360 controller  (Read 1391 times)

Offline mingmaster

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Help needed for new model 360 controller
« on: March 08, 2009, 12:53:54 AM »
Hi
My old 360 controller died on me so i went out a week ago and bought a new one. I opened it up to transfer my 555 timer rapid fire circuit, wired it all up to all the original points, went to test it....didnt work.

I took out my multimeter and gave the new controller circuit board the once over and found a lot of changes.

The middle trigger pin is still the point where you solder your timers output but where i used to solder my negative onto the top pin, this has now been changed to the bottom pin, there are lots of visa versa changes on the new controller.

After a while scratching my head i soldered the negative to the bottom pin of the trigger and tested.
Great.....My rapid fire worked.

Only problem now is when i use the button it is also moving me left in a long circle and rapidly switching between aim down sight and firing from the hip.

Has anyone come across this problem before ?

Does anyone have a solution ?

Or has microsoft made a new generation of rapid fire mod proof controllers ?

Im not sure of the model number as i dont know where this is found

Any help would be great.

Offline mingmaster

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Help needed for new model 360 controller
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »
Ok its sorted now.
On the old style controller the trigger pins top middle and bottom for the right trigger. Had the output of the timer going to the middle trigger pin and the negative from the timer going to the top pin......

Microsoft seem to have made changes to these pins.

On the new controller the negative is now on the bottom pin but when you connect your timers negative to this pin you get the problems i mentioned in my first post.

The solution is to solder your timers negative to a different point.

On the new model if you flip over the circuit board to the side that you can see all of the triggers and the battery springs ect, with the triggers at the top. Look to the right side of the left rumble motors connection you will see 4 big blobs of solder in a square pattern. I soldered my timers neg to the bottom left corner blob.

I put this on here incase anyone else has this problem, this solution worked for me, i dont know why the rapid fire affetected my movement and aiming when it was activated but by soldering the negative from my timer to a different point it was cured. Even though when testing with a multimeter the 2 negative points are on the same single circuit.

Does anyone know why this happened because i cant understand it.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 06:19:11 AM by mingmaster »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 07:11:24 AM »
This is nothing new, you had a Matrix controller and you bought a new, updated, CG controller.

That's normal, they're set up differently.

I just checked my controller, also, and verified you're showing us a CG controller. There's nothing that we haven't known already. Thanks for the effort, though, and if you're interested there's pinouts and such at the top of this forum board where you'll find easier spots to solder to and everything.

Offline mingmaster

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 07:26:47 AM »
Thanks for that info pspkicks i'll take a look, funny how they changed the trigger pins around on the "CG" Version. Well just trying to do my bit as i've learned so much from here but contributed very little   :wacko:
Thanks again.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 08:07:51 AM »
Anytime, and thanks for the effort either way!

Offline HYOSC1NE

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:36:01 PM »
If ur looking for a ground use the vibrations motors pin where the black cable is conected, thats the easiest ground pin u can find and works on all controllers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal