Author Topic: Sound Reactive LED Mod  (Read 157125 times)

Offline spiffy

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Sound Reactive LED Mod
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2007, 10:13:36 AM »
awesome  :w00t: so are u gonna make a tut? or can u tell us what you need to do this mod?

Offline SYSTEM aka (Cyberpyrot)

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2007, 10:15:36 AM »
awesome  :w00t: so are u gonna make a tut? or can u tell us what you need to do this mod?

I won't make a tut but F00 F00 will

Offline spiffy

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2007, 10:17:37 AM »
ok cool. what stuff do u need? this might be a mod just as great as the dual analogs  :yess:
EDIT: Made it on QJ!!!  :#1:

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2007, 10:26:12 AM »
ok cool. what stuff do u need? this might be a mod just as great as the dual analogs  :yess:
EDIT: Made it on QJ!!!  :#1:

Wire
IC
LED's

Offline spiffy

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
whats IC? where can i get LED's?

Offline bncplix

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • http://www.BncApps.com
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2007, 10:42:48 AM »
cool!! :)!
Open source applications and general technology blog: http://www.BncApps.com
Twitter Train
Watch TV Online

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
Why is it that QJ won't post anything about our mods until they hear from F00f00? I send them news all the time and they don't post a damn thing till F00f00 writes them... QJ pisses me off almost as much as PSU sometimes... no offense F00...

*EDIT*

Finally made MaxConsole after I sent it to them like 3 times...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:45:24 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline F00 f00

• Site Owner
  • MFH
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • International Hobo
    • TailormadeToys
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »
Lol. Non taken. No idea why that is, just wish they'd put cybers name in the write up. Makes it look like I am taking credit for it.

Offline spiffy

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »
hows the tut comoing along f00?

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »
this is a fantastic mod  -  so pimp

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline tunjo

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2007, 01:12:29 PM »
veeery nice just what i was asking for.... If its not to hard i would love to see a tut.

@ cyber: im just curious dont take this as an offence but did u guys get the idea from my thread or did were you working on this before???

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »
veeery nice just what i was asking for.... If its not to hard i would love to see a tut.

@ cyber: im just curious dont take this as an offence but did u guys get the idea from my thread or did were you working on this before???

Naw buddy we had this up our sleave for a loooooong time we just decided it was time to do it..

Vergency

« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
awesome job, i wanna see the tut :P

Offline chimaera

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • all about Games, Playstation, 360, wii, ds, Modding, and on
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »
hmm...

awsome mod ... how can i do that my self ? very intrested in seeing the tut ...

credits to cyberpyrot

Offline TR4G-

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0

« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2007, 06:52:36 PM »
ok i just looked at the 2nd diagram, and wats dual channels do for u again?

Vergency

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2007, 07:13:11 PM »
ok i just looked at the 2nd diagram, and wats dual channels do for u again?
i think it will make the LEDs under each trigger get brighter at different times instead of in unison

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2007, 07:34:34 PM »
yeah, because stereo doesn't play the same exact thing out of each speaker, it plays different things out of each speaker, you would have each led reacting differently...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2007, 03:49:43 AM »
cool, excellent mod, looks a bit complicated though

I have some of those speakers lol  :clap:
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline Sly_Ripper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2007, 04:58:28 AM »
Well... I thought i should just register and post to say this. This mod can easily be done just by connecting a LED to the speaker, it will flash to the sounds. IF acidmods start selling this peice of bull:censored: do not buy it, It is a rip off, you can do it for free very easily. I have done it before and it works perfectly.
I do like acidmods for the stuff they do, i just dont want good people to waste their money on this if it can be done for free.

IF this post gets deleted then thats just proof that acidmods suck, and want to hide this post from you, the users.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 05:00:16 AM by Sly_Ripper »

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2007, 07:31:34 AM »
Well... I thought i should just register and post to say this. This mod can easily be done just by connecting a LED to the speaker, it will flash to the sounds. IF acidmods start selling this peice of bull:censored: do not buy it, It is a rip off, you can do it for free very easily. I have done it before and it works perfectly.
I do like acidmods for the stuff they do, i just dont want good people to waste their money on this if it can be done for free.

IF this post gets deleted then thats just proof that acidmods suck, and want to hide this post from you, the users.

First and formost AcidMods does not sell anything we do not even have an E-Store.. Also You cannot connect it directly to the speaker as the speakers do not provide enough voltage. Thats why an "Audio Amplifier" is needed. What this chip does is it adds voltage to the signal creating the required voltage to produce a pulse when sound is played... Please before you post nonsence get your facts strait. And If what im saying isn't true try connecting a LED to you psp speaker.. :)

Note: If you have done it before on a PSP why is there no proof why is my mod the first of it's kind.. It is possible to do it for a car stereo because it provides more voltage and if you wired it to an amp geuss what you just hooked it up to a chip just like this one it is inside the amp..
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 09:22:26 AM by cyberpyrot »

Offline can we hack it?

• CyberPyrot WannaBe
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Smashgfx owner
    • smashgfx.com - learn something new!
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »
you can buy this chip at the nphshop

http://www.nextpsphacks.com/nphshop/detail.php?item_id=60

This item is on pre-order status. The expected date of arival is friday march 30 to sat the 31st.. they will begin shipping on that monday april 2nd. any changes will be relayed to customers that purchased them already

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2007, 10:46:01 AM »

Deleting your post would not prove that acidmods sucks and want to hide things from our members, just that we prefer to keep pointless, unsubstantiated drivel out of our forums.

When you provide some sort of proof that your method works, I will retract my statement (a view of the actual wiring prior to the functionality). Until then I think our members would probably trust our information and methods over the claims of someone who has no reputation for innovation in the modding scene.

I also do not see how a $2 chip is a rip off, but that's just me I guess...

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2007, 11:27:15 AM »
WOOOOW!!! 2 dollar...are you craze..mad i can not afford that...it sounds like a ripoff...NOT

if you just want to give acidmods a bad name that sucks...find yourselve an hobby, like play chess

Offline noobi

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2007, 03:02:56 PM »
find yourselve an hobby, like play chess

lmao

Offline Sly_Ripper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2007, 08:03:33 AM »
i dont want to give acidmods a bad name, im just saying do not buy this chip. when i fitted the led to my old PSP it worked fine, its a simple and easy method so there is no need to pay and wait for this chip. i did post 2 videos on youtube about 6 months ago but i deleted them. i then removed the led when i fitted a clear case to my psp. But just give it a try and see the magic happen theres no need for the chip.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2007, 08:10:02 AM »
i dont want to give acidmods a bad name, im just saying do not buy this chip. when i fitted the led to my old PSP it worked fine, its a simple and easy method so there is no need to pay and wait for this chip. i did post 2 videos on youtube about 6 months ago but i deleted them. i then removed the led when i fitted a clear case to my psp. But just give it a try and see the magic happen theres no need for the chip.

I can asure you there is not enough voltage.. If you like I will take out my trusty multi Meter with the camara rolling and show you it does not provide enough voltage. If people choose to not use the chip I don't care I don't get anything out of it but be prepared for disapointment. Also with my new method posted by adding a Potentiometer you can adjust the gain allowing you to fine tune the pulse to the frequency..

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2007, 09:25:11 AM »
I can asure you there is not enough voltage.. If you like I will take out my trusty multi Meter with the camara rolling and show you it does not provide enough voltage. If people choose to not use the chip I don't care I don't get anything out of it but be prepared for disapointment. Also with my new method posted by adding a Potentiometer you can adjust the gain allowing you to fine tune the pulse to the frequency..

ok  Sly_Ripper  you are doomed if cyberpyrot is going to check it with his multi meter he will be right because that thing cost allmost more than a psp.

but try chess...i dont like it maybe you?  lol!

Offline Sly_Ripper

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2007, 11:44:22 AM »
erm why get all technical and check it with a multi metre? do it with an LED. BTW play some music with an LED connected and then you will see.

• Site Founder
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +3/-0
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2007, 12:15:44 PM »
erm why get all technical and check it with a multi metre? do it with an LED. BTW play some music with an LED connected and then you will see.

Ok if anyone out there would like to test Sly_Ripper's theory with out him even providing on shread of evidence rather then doing my method and paying $2.00 for a "Audio Amplifier" chip which increases the volatage to the required 3.2v needed to get a SMT LED to function. (Keep in mind I have video proof of it working my way) then by all means tear your internal speaker wire up..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 12:26:59 PM by cyberpyrot »

Offline dedafmonteur

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +4/-0
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
IF my psp wros, again, because it doesnt atm and i have no idea why not.. ill try it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal