Author Topic: Hi guys  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Kbs

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Hi guys
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
I registered a while ago but never made an intro.  I was really just looking around at all the cool mods  :clap: I've already learned more than I did before joining this site but I still know very little lol

Might as well throw this out there too, what's a good way to start soldering and basically getting into the whole mod scene?

Offline ra1n

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • I'm not like other girls ^_^
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
hi welcome ^_^
to answer your question try practicing on old or junk electronics like old radios or something...

getting old is mandatory growing up is optional.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:05:58 PM »
Hi welcome to AM. Look around in the tutorials section , there are some good soldering tutorials there. And yeah , don't be afraid to ask any questions you want !
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:00:15 AM »
hi and welcome to the site

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 12:16:29 PM »
I registered a while ago but never made an intro.  I was really just looking around at all the cool mods  :clap: I've already learned more than I did before joining this site but I still know very little lol

Might as well throw this out there too, what's a good way to start soldering and basically getting into the whole mod scene?

Start with buying basic tools and stuff, and then find some old pieces of electronics that you could solder to. I had old sticks of ram and broken HDDs so I practiced on those. After you feel confident, if you're starting with modding psps, you can start with a faceplate swap, button swap, case swap, etc. That will help you learn about what's inside a psp. After that, you can do some soldering on 0603 leds which are REALLY tiny, and then you can try direct contact leds, led swaps, etc.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Kbs

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »
Start with buying basic tools and stuff, and then find some old pieces of electronics that you could solder to. I had old sticks of ram and broken HDDs so I practiced on those. After you feel confident, if you're starting with modding psps, you can start with a faceplate swap, button swap, case swap, etc. That will help you learn about what's inside a psp. After that, you can do some soldering on 0603 leds which are REALLY tiny, and then you can try direct contact leds, led swaps, etc.
What did you do with the old HDDs and sticks of ram?  Fix them or something?  Man, I feel like such a noob  :whoosh:

The whole reason I want to get good at soldering and stuff is to do a trigger mod  :yess:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal