Author Topic: Whats wrong with my psp?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline elmario

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
Whats wrong with my psp?
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:32:27 AM »
Ok i just replaced my psp motherboard, i got the motherboard from a psp i bough for 20 pounds  :tup:
Anyway when i turn on my psp it sometimes just stays at the wave screen with no xmb or moving circle...
Also when i turn it on the UMD drive spins randomly and makes a clicking sound.

I have reflashed the firmware and the ID storage...
Anyone know what the problem could be?

Offline vladstir

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Whats wrong with my psp?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:19 AM »
There might be a bad sector in the nand, making the nand unreadable. Use nandtools to scan your psp nand for bad sectors. I uploaded the program to my server:

nandTool_0.4_Final_NEO.zip]http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2426503_xvfsv/nandTool_0.4_Final_NEO.zip]nandTool_0.4_Final_NEO.zip

« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:52:34 AM by vladstir »

Offline elmario

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:18:09 AM »
There might be a bad sector in the nand, making the nand unreadable. Use nandtools to scan your psp nand for bad sectors. I uploaded the program to my server:

nandTool_0.4_Final_NEO.zip]http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2426503_xvfsv/nandTool_0.4_Final_NEO.zip]nandTool_0.4_Final_NEO.zip

i dont think its the NAND as most of the time it boots up fine. but 1/10 when booting up  it has that XMB problem

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:49:49 PM »
Try reflashing your nand, a.k.a. doing a clean firmware install. If it still doesn't work, then it means flash2 and or flash3 are dead/damaged, and your mobo will never work perfectly. Does it sometimes hang on the gameboot? Because that's another indicator. I have the same problem, including the gameboot problem, and i have been told that it's unfixable.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline elmario

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »
Yup i have that problem too, same as the XMB not showing topic, Anyone know where i can get a motherboard from? :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal