Author Topic: FRIGGIN BROKEN $18 RIBBON CABLES  (Read 794 times)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
FRIGGIN BROKEN $18 RIBBON CABLES
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:36:20 AM »
Okay I was working on ading an internet speaker to my 2nd gen ipod nano but I broke that friggin delicat ribbon cable that has the click wheel and headphone jack on it so I ordered 2 news ones cause I accedently broke my sis' OLD 2nd gen nano (which she never touches anymore cause she got a touch) anyway I paid $18 bucks for these 2 little cables and low and behold when I recieve them THEY DON'T WORK!! tried on both nanos... they power on but no response from the buttons!!! I am furious with this dude he said OEM but when I got them they were reproductions not the real thing oh well I figured they might still work anyway but now I am out $18 my mom is making me buy my sis a new nano if I can't fix hers and mines screwed too!! I'm just giving up and gonna buy 2 new nanos (used) for her and I on ebay and be done with the thing. It's not worth it. I am just so angry right now!!! I might try and take the nano mobo from the "new" nano I buy and just solder my speaker wires to the headphone jack which like I did before and put it in my case. There's actually nothing wrong with both our mobo's now but I NEED 2 working ribbon cables and I'm fed up with paying 18 bucks or more for these things what do you suggest I do now?!

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
Re: FRIGGIN BROKEN $18 RIBBON CABLES
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:52:46 AM »
no offence but this whole idea was stupid, there is no room in the nano for a speaker, and having it on the outisde is fugly, just get some speakers that you plug directly to the output jack

EDIT: HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU PEOPLE BREAK RIBBON CABLES?!?!?! even if I try I cant

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »
i suggest you ROFL, liek this dude ---> :rofl:
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
Dude.... That's worse than me. Give up and get the Nanos and don't open them up at all...

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:01:31 AM »
They make a lot of external speakers for iPod. . . That cost under 18$ too. . . You could do what treemty said and use them. . . But add hot glue to the base of the nano so it doesnt come off or spin. Sure it may not be pretty, but it would look nicer than the case would look with a hole from a speaker drilled in it. And did I mention you dont need to buy 18$ ribbon cables either.

-TwisT

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 09:03:42 AM »
no I bought 2 for $9 each cause I needed 1 for each ipod (2 ipods) well it doesn't look bad. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal