Author Topic: Sleeper mod not working right. Other buttons changing modes.  (Read 1786 times)

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Sleeper mod not working right. Other buttons changing modes.
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:10 AM »
Whats up everyone,
   Well I just got a rapid fire sleeper mod from a friend that originally bought it from some guy on ebay.
I felt bad that he got screwed so I offered to give him some cash for it and also he pretty much just gave it to me because he was pissed that the guy is not registered on ebay anymore and he deleted his paypal account.  :sadno: The problem with the controller is that along with the sync buttton the X,Back and RB buttons change the mode that your in. So its pretty much useless in a game. For example, when in a COD4 game if you reload it changes the mode you're in or if you throw a grenade again it changes the mode. If anyone can help me with why this happens I would be greatfull..
 Here is a pic of the mod sorry for the blury pic. Its a matrix wireless controller...

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Sleeper mod not working right. Other buttons changing modes.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:15:30 AM »
I will say its hard to see where each of the wires are going but thats besides the point. For starters what I would do is the obvious. Check to make sure that no wires are broke or that there are no places that it looks like a wire is "accidentally" touching. Next I would write down where everything is wired to and take it apart and unsolder everything to do with the chip and start from scratch. Now put it back together the same way it came out with new wire perhaps. Then if that dont work I would take it apart again and install it like the sleeper mod from here hooks up just because it is a common code and more than likely will be the same one "but maybe not". If that dont work....... Hmmmmm I dont know then. But theres a few things that I hope help if not sorry for wasting your time. If so. Then you have a rapid fire controller....Good luck!!!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:48:23 AM »
pull it all off, mark which wire went where, but not so much the wire, the pic's pin, which pin went where, get it? see if the controller will function properly with everything removed.

put the chip in your programmer and read the chip. post the hex. lets see what you really have. LOL 

what size resistor is that? I cant see the color code. 

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »
I'll try taking the wires off to check if the controller works properly without the mod. Then reinstall. Thanks for all the help. I'll post back let you guys know..

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
Solved this problem in the open source by using the pics internal week pull-ups. Maybe you could solder a 10k pull-up resistor to do the same thing.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 06:09:59 AM »
tried to reply earlier but the dang site went down :angry:

Looks like you are learning why they call it a matrix, as the buttons are grouped together in a matrix like what ur seeing.  Like Hazer said, try the same install with a 10k resistor between the pin that the sync connects to, and +V.  If that doesnt work you can always just install a push button that connects that pin to ground, in addition to the installed 10k resistor.

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
Thanks alot for the help everyone. I need to hit radio shack on my way to work tonight. I just got home from work a few hours ago its 7:14 am here in Cali. I work nights so its off to bed right now. If I can get this to work I think I'll just surprise my friend and give him the controller back. It should make his weekend.

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 02:00:48 PM »
I dont know if its just my eyes or if its the way this mod is supposed to be but I think the sync wire looks like its on the bottom foot. I believe it should be on the top foot. Thats how it is with mine anyways. Im no professional by any means but just a thought.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 03:06:58 AM »
He is right. It looks like the wire is soldered to the wrong pin on the transistor.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2009, 09:16:10 AM »
Good eye lilunwl.... I soldered the wire to the right pin and used a 10k resistor and now it works fine. I'm going to give the controller back to my friend this weekend. I know that he will be happy when I show up at his house with a working rapid fire. Thanks everyone for your help.

Offline lilunwl

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 06:36:51 PM »
Glad to hear that was it!!! Hope your friend enjoys his controller back. Shows there are still some good people in the world for sure! Alot of ppl might say sorry about his luck and just keep it. But thats another story just glad you got it to work!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal