Author Topic: PC in 360 case??  (Read 3485 times)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
PC in 360 case??
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:15:45 PM »
yes yes I know it has been already don,e but I would love to do this. but just a few questions/problems how do you get everything to fit and not slide/move around inside, do people normally use screws for this type of project or what.. but man a PC in a 360 elite case would be so smexy. Also how would you live up the DVD dive with the door? that's really my biggest problem is seeing how I could get the cd/dvd drive to work with the existing door/button. Also ho to get the poer button to work with the 360 power button. those 2 things are my biggest concern/problem that needs to be solved.   

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: PC in 360 case??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:27:12 PM »
well you can drill holes and use mother board stand offs like you ought to. to hold the mobo in place. as for the DVD you can not use one just run every thing off a flash, or you can modify a standard DVD drive in to the bracket for the Xbox one. as for the button you get

this and solder the leeds to the switch on the Xbox power board (not sure what to call that PCB)

any way you go its going to take a hefty amount of modding

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:38:25 PM »
Cool thanks bro!

Do I actually need guts of a 360? or can I just buy a 360 case online.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 10:43:38 PM »
i would think that would be up to you. it would just depend on if you can get your hands on the pcb that power lights and the power button is on

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
    • ROOKIE BUILDERS DISCORD
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »
yea there are cases u can buy and all probably be th best way and like tec said i would get those buttons and that out of the way before u pay the mobo in and that cuz thats going to pain getting that to be done.

*Thanks Modders/Friends:Ghost_Death, gr8npwrfl, Blizzrad, Kenshinffx.
*Thanks 802Chives for the Art position!

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
yea there are cases u can buy and all probably be th best way and like tec said i would get those buttons and that out of the way before u pay the mobo in and that cuz thats going to pain getting that to be done.

holy crap kid did you have a stroke wile you were typing that or was that done on a phone.

the best was to tackel the mobo would be to find an atom board you like get a mini atx psu like this one

as for mounting it you can try and find a micro ATX mother board tray or a mother board tray that supports the atom board and cut it down and mod it in to the Xbox

or

mark out ware the motherboard stand off's should go inside the xbox case and mount your stand offs directly to the case

in bolth cases your going to have to have a hole in the back some ware for the I/O plate. and obveously the graphics will have to be on board

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 09:15:25 PM »
O my bad tec i was on my psp i didnt read it well i suppose. im not a kid so plz dnt call me that im a man that pays bills.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:18:37 PM by Blazinkaos »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:54:09 PM »
O my bad tec i was on my psp i didnt read it well i suppose. im not a kid so plz dnt call me that im a man that pays bills.
You're a man with a psp? Dude. I've never seen anyone other than a kid with a psp. That's freakin' awesome. More adults should play videogames.

On topic, I started reading this and thought to myself, "Hey, that's a :censored:ing awesome idea. I should try this" until I realized that you would need to do something about the I/O panel and motherboard mounting, like Tec said. The 360 case is beast on it's own. I'd try this, but there's no possible way for someone like me to cut up the back of the case for the I/O panel and still have it looking sexy. If you do this, you're my hero.

But this DID spark some interest. I want to build a Mini ITX computer that I can keep next to my tv, with the DVI hooked up to my RCA ports so I've got a computer hooked up to my tv. Just a basic computer focused around movies/music/torrents. Oh my god. =)

If you start work on this, keep us informed. I'm really interested in how this will turn out. I'm not sure what the Atom boards are that Tec mentioned, but I was looking at some Mini ITX boards and they'd fit fine in the case apart from the I/O panel. With the Mini ITX boards, such as a Zotac GF9300, you can use almost any processor you want, including quad core ones. The motherboard I mentioned also handles up to 8gb of 800Mhz DDR2 RAM. Basically, if you can get a full Mini ITX board in there, you've got yourself a full, completely functional and powerful, computer all in your 360 case.

Just remember, though, if you can't fit a full DVD drive in the case as well, you might want to check out slim DVD drives or just pick up an external USB DVD drive. (Remember the slim drives have a different form factor for the SATA connectors so you'd need an adapter. Newegg has the adapter.)

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 01:20:23 AM »
You're a man with a psp? Dude. I've never seen anyone other than a kid with a psp. That's freakin' awesome. More adults should play videogames.
You serious i know a bunch of guys my ago and even in there 30s that still play games on the psp.

But umm i have a suggestion for the dvd he can just build a separate case for that and just have the plugs in the back to connect it. But you have to get long cables witch shouldnt be that bad. Like while back i saw on youtube a guy did a seperate case for DVD drive and it was pretty sick wish i saved the link to show you guys.

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 02:59:31 AM »
Another thing to think about is your psu... How are you going to power it?

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 07:55:20 AM »
Another thing to think about is your psu... How are you going to power it?

By using a mini psu like the one I liked above.

And the other guys are right there is no reason why you couldn't use a slot loading or laptop disk drive

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
But umm i have a suggestion for the dvd he can just build a separate case for that and just have the plugs in the back to connect it. But you have to get long cables witch shouldnt be that bad. Like while back i saw on youtube a guy did a seperate case for DVD drive and it was pretty sick wish i saved the link to show you guys.
What's the point in that when you can just get a USB drive?

Offline loganbyers07

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
Another cool idea would be to pick up a hd dvd drive acessory for the xbox 360. You can buy them pretty cheap on craigslist and you can have a dvd drive that looks all xbox- ish.

Thanks for the sig dhuvrock2000

The best way to get cool gaming stuff for free!

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:41 PM »
Another cool idea would be to pick up a hd dvd drive acessory for the xbox 360. You can buy them pretty cheap on craigslist and you can have a dvd drive that looks all xbox- ish.

but not as cool as keeping it all in a 360

i supose that means you need your bifocals

its what i use instead of Dude i call people who are older than me kid

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »
I was planning to put a HDD in the 360 HDD module so it would actually be the.. HDD..

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 11:10:49 PM »
i supose that means you need your bifocals

its what i use instead of Dude i call people who are older than me kid
Im not that old -_-.

What's the point in that when you can just get a USB drive?
That could work.

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
Loads of adults play with PSPs O_O especially some of the people like here, like Cyber, Nic0, Chives, Modded Matt, etc.

Anyway this would actually be such a cool idea. If you ever go through with it, keep us posted!

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 07:44:44 PM »
Yeah I have a PSP mod in progress right now so this one is on the hold tray along with my ipod mod (parts confusion with the seller).

Offline Blazinkaos

• Technology Revolution
  • Art & Theme Team
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • Time Passes Will You
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 11:01:47 PM »
Loads of adults play with PSPs O_O especially some of the people like here, like Cyber, Nic0, Chives, Modded Matt, etc.
Exactly thank you.

N/E ways just keep us posted when youll start and your progress on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal