Author Topic: Broken battery help?  (Read 1203 times)

Offline jak33

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Broken battery help?
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:53:49 PM »
Well, i just bought a psp from a friend or the purpose of modding and reselling, but the battery was a dud, or so i thought. When i plugged it in the wall, it wouldn't cjharge it, so i put my slims battery in it to see if it could even charge anything at all, because it might have been broken. Then, all of the sudden the charge light goes off, and my slim battery doesn't work on my slim now! I have no idea why that would happen, but maybe one of you do? and also, how i could fix it? it's gotta be fixable right? because it was fine, and then i put it in a different PSP for 30 sec... Please respond ASAP...

okay well, now for some reason its working... but My phat battery isn't... When i put it in my PSP, it wont turn on, and when plugged in it won't charge. as i said above, it did show the indicator light when i put the slim battery in it, and it said it was charging in the battery info, but when i would try to boot it on the slim battery, it wouldn't. So i guess it can kinda charge stuff... And this morning my friend hacked it using a pandoras battery, so it can definitely use a battery to power the system. So obviously the battery is the problem... but what is the problem? The PSP doesn't recognize it at all, it has no battery indicator in the corner (when battery is inserted and plugged into the wall) and the battery information is all blank except for the "External" for the power source... so does anyone know what is wrong?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 05:09:10 PM by jak33 »

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
Re: Broken battery help?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 06:27:49 PM »
I think maybe one of these tissue paper thin metal connectors just broke, this happened to me while I was trying to take the battery apart, it's very easy to snap like I said it's as fine as almost gold left but much more rigid. Here's how I fixed mine.

I will tell you right off the bat that solder does NOT like to sick to ether end of the connection. Just keep trying to scrape it off on it and you will get it but it won't happen on the first try.

Before:

After:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:30:45 PM by EliteGamer83 »

Offline jak33

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47:27 PM »
can that metal break without ever opening up the battery? I've never cracked it open, so i don't know how that could have happened... but thanks for the help :)

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:26:43 AM »
It could have, I can see it snapping just by if your rough with it, those strands to connect are so easy to break.

np. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal