Author Topic: lag switch  (Read 2540 times)

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
lag switch
« on: May 11, 2009, 07:24:12 PM »
im making a lag switch but i want it to last a pretty long time how can i make it so that it last longer i cut open my ethernet and have it hooked up to a button light switch with the orange wire

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: lag switch
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 07:51:55 PM »
Do a good solder job, don't abuse the cord, and protect it well from shorting.

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
ok so sense im using a small cat5e wire i decide to get my 26 guage stereo wire and make the it longer so i can put it right next to me every thing is stripped at just enought to do the job by touching the connection points

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 08:34:04 AM »
the longer the wire, the longer time you have.
^ I read that somewhere :D

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 12:02:23 PM »
the longer the wire, the longer time you have.

actually no. it depends on the strength of your internet connection.

and make sure you do have the right internet? cuz when i did mine, i cut the orange wire and everything,but it still didnt work.

Offline wilson08

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:27:04 PM »
actually no. it depends on the strength of your internet connection.

and make sure you do have the right internet? cuz when i did mine, i cut the orange wire and everything,but it still didnt work.
lol, well ive seen on more than one site that the longer the wire you have, the longer time, i dunno maybe its different for eveyone... But i dont care :D

Offline ichagowill

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
i got it done but it only last 6 seconds so im going to run it through a project box near me feat and put a push button on it. so when im not pressing it i will lag switch. i used the original xbox give enet cable only had 4 wire so im buying won with more wires in it figureing it will make my connection stronger and last longer

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 01:11:24 PM »
the enternet dont work like that guys. a longer the cable will not affect this in anyway. as far as making the lag last longer, good luck, it will only lag for a set amount of time before your connection times out due to lost packets of data. you could get very involved with it and write a program that will hold segments of data up to a timed point (just before time out)

as afr as extending the cord with extra wire...no..yo ushould buy a longer ethernet cable, every break in an ethernet cable will slow transfer rates more and more, this seems logical due to the way we just add more wire to the led's to make the wire longer, but in that case we are sending power, not data.

that only other thing I  can say about this is, rapid fire is one thing, but its still cheating.. there is no doubt that this mod will only be used online..and the user is a CHEATER. if your ok with that. please proceed

Offline engine34

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • GOOD DAY AT WORK
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:19:49 AM »
www.thelagcity.com - That should help you out and yes I put up with rapidfire but lag switches will get you in trouble faster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal