Author Topic: stealth question on Matrix  (Read 2750 times)

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
stealth question on Matrix
« on: May 27, 2009, 03:03:56 PM »
Hello all,

I installed a 12f683 with the stealth hex on my matrix controller. I wired it all up and with the sync button it would not power on through the modes. I checked voltages and found 2v at the power source under the analog stick. I switched the power wire to the 3v battery terminal and it works. I am assuming that it was because the was not enough power but how is everyone else getting the pic to work there? Is there something wrong with my controller? I tried different batteries too. Now the pic is powered all the time, the chip will stay on all the time unless I put it in off mode. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

fiveten

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: stealth question on Matrix
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »
do you have a link to the install guide you used?

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 05:04:53 PM »
I used the pics that came packaged with the stealth zip file. Here is a link to an install. It is not the one I used but it uses all the same points...http://www.brianspdr.com/matrix.html

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 09:53:49 PM »
Are you sure you have it wired properly? That's usually what messes up most people. Check to see where the little indent is on the chip in the picture and match that with the chip you're going to solder.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:47:02 AM »
there are two types of controllers. sounds to me like you are using the CG version and trying to wire it like a matrix. please take a pic of your controller and I can tell you. without seeing youer work, its just speculation. if you use the battery terminal, it will consume power even when the controller is off.

this website you linked is only half of the tut you downloaded from here. the TUt you find here is complete and teaches you to adjust the rates of fire. given he has better install pics, but its no where near as informative.   
that guy brian is even using one of gameroms pictures, and he is selling the codes you can get here for free. I wounder if this is BrianJoy from microchip.com.....LOL oh well.

I dont understand why people download the zip file for the code and go to another site for install.  guys, please let me know if the install pics in the tut are not enough. I thought if someone was bright enough to program the chip, they would be bright enough to follow the diagram. I will do a step by step if you guys think we need it.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 04:49:55 AM by modded matt »

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »
there are two types of controllers. sounds to me like you are using the CG version and trying to wire it like a matrix. please take a pic of your controller and I can tell you. without seeing youer work, its just speculation. if you use the battery terminal, it will consume power even when the controller is off.

this website you linked is only half of the tut you downloaded from here. the TUt you find here is complete and teaches you to adjust the rates of fire. given he has better install pics, but its no where near as informative.   
that guy brian is even using one of gameroms pictures, and he is selling the codes you can get here for free. I wounder if this is BrianJoy from microchip.com.....LOL oh well.

I dont understand why people download the zip file for the code and go to another site for install.  guys, please let me know if the install pics in the tut are not enough. I thought if someone was bright enough to program the chip, they would be bright enough to follow the diagram. I will do a step by step if you guys think we need it.

I did not use that install guide I linked. But it uses the same connections as the stealth zip I got from here. The one I got from here came with two pics. One of the cg and one with the matrix. I have a matrix....I have installed on a cg too it works. I am having problems with my matrix. The Pos. Point in the diagram only has 2v on my matrix. If I hook it straight to the batt pos. it works. The matrix works with the power all the time hooked up so I think it is wired right. The 2v is the problem at the square open solder pad under the left analog stick. What is that voltage suppose to be?

thanks, fiveten

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »
So you know what I used. I have Hazer's burnmeup2.zip and used the sleeper jpg file for the matrix for my install guide.

I will get some pics as soon as I can.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:54 PM »
yup, you are correct, that power point for the matrix is 2.0v  which is right on the hairy edge of what that chip requires to run.  I am dumbfounded that your chip doesnt work from that, unless somehow the chip is not a 12F683 but rather a different version that doesnt have the right voltage range (some older chips dont have the 2-6.5V compliance the new ones have.)

But.... never fear your ol' buddy chives has a solution using a 2n3904 or similar npn transistor and a 1k resistor. :winker: The solution will use the transistor as a switch between your chip and ground which will allow you to use the positive battery terminal or the 3V regualated source that the cg utilizes.

So you connect your ground pin (pin8) to the Collector of the transitor.  The Emitter is then connected to a normal ground point.  From the Base you will connect the 1k resistor, and the other side of the resistor will connect to the lower pin of the 3 trigger contacts(which goes high when the device turns on).  This will make it so the chip only connects to ground when the trigger is on, thus achieving the power saver mode your after.

Hope that helps.

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 01:35:55 PM »
Thanks 802Chives,

I'll install that transistor. I am using an soic package but do not see different voltage requirements. I am running an external white smt LED for status. Now that I think about it the 2v just may have not been enough foreword voltage for the LED, I did not check the operation of the r/f module , just depended on the LED for status. Thank all for your help I'll have to make a new board for the matrix.

fiveten

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »
thats the problem, the rapid fire is working, but when using it with the matrix controller, there is barly enough power to light the stock leds.. and the fv of a white led is much higher. the only way to use an external led powered by the chip is with a CG controller.

I must have missed the external led part.

you would be supprised the amount of people who take this code and wire it per someone elses diagram and wonder why it dont work. which is why I compiled all the info into the main two tuts.  so what do you think should I post a step by step. or are the diagrams enough??

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »
ah! dang LED was messing you up. Not paying attention to Forward Voltage is a pretty common mistake.

So you wont need that transistor if you change LED color, but it may work with transistor with the LED you have(assuming its like <3.2Vf), never know its worth a shot.  Red is good and low LED it is usually like 1.8Vf.

Matt: not sure he used your tutorial at all.... might not even know where it is.

Fiveten: look over matt's tut for a full set of directions. this link is for one version of the open source code. the other version is in the same section
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=29999.0
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:48:21 PM by 802Chives »

Offline fiveten

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »
Thank you both for your help  :hifive: I had not found Matt's tut thanks for the link. Nice tut by the way! I'll be sure to bookmark that. Anyway, thanks again for all the tech support. Thanks to U two I know what changes I need to make to my board.

fiveten

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »
Personally, I would use the transistor to light the LED (LED anode to 3V+. LED cathode to transistor collector; transistor emmitter to ground, and transistor base to PIC output via 1k Ohm resistor.).

I did not have consistant luck with grounding the PIC using a transistor. I was much more succesful powering it through an opto-isolator on the matrix. Its the same idea, but without the leakage current through the Veb.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »
yup yup good call.... what he said ^^^^^^^  :hifive:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal