Author Topic: Slim 2000 PSP guts inside new 3000 Housing?  (Read 4990 times)

Offline nikegreat1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Slim 2000 PSP guts inside new 3000 Housing?
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:32:45 PM »
Is this possible?  Ive seen some posts on various boards where people have claimed to do this by slightly modifying the inside of the 3000 housing to get everything fit.  Anyone?  Thanks!

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: Slim 2000 PSP guts inside new 3000 Housing?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:57:05 PM »
it is possible but you have to sand off some stuff in the 3000 case... Its not worth it imho... 
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline nikegreat1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:23:49 AM »
What exactly needs to be sanded off?  Can you link me to a video or pics to what needs to be removed/sanded off?  I cant find anything online....  Any help would be appreciated or if anyone has done this before and can share some info please!  Thanks!

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 08:38:19 AM »
I think we just discussed it and just decided that it was pretty much useless.... why do u really want to do this ?

I doubt it but just try searching the forum , maybe u might find something....
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline nikegreat1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I dont find it useless.  I want to take a beat up piano black slim psp 2000 and put it in a Radiant Red 3000 PSP housing.  Unfortunately, this color is not available in 2000 housing format.  I just actually got the housing in the mail today and it looks amazing! Much better than the God of War PSP imho.... Also the eBay auction I won it from besides the housing, it came with stickers for the warranty seal, a barcode for the bottom, and also a sticker that states the model (the one that is in the battery bay)  I thought that was pretty crazy lol.

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • Infectech
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 01:34:13 PM »
thats pretty cool , and awesome if you like it but i believe , coolmods and deal extreme both stock red psp 2000 housings. I have seen them there. Pm me , i'll try to fix you up with links. Anyway , best of luck trying to fit it there.
  you look like a carrot.

Offline nikegreat1

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 01:49:39 PM »
For some reason, Deal Xtreme does NOT stock the Radiant Red or the Green PSP housing for the 3000 models... They do have blue, gold and black though for the 3000.....  I would have ordered through there, but eBay was the only place online that I found the red 3000 housing and it seems to be pretty good quality.  I will post pictures when I am done, if I dont completely butcher it :)  I remember one seeing one video on Youtube, I believe of the Final Fantasy 3000 PSP that was "hacked" and able to play ISOs and homebrew, but then in the description the author said it was just a 2000 psp inside of a 3000 housing.  I know its possible, just dont know exactly what gets sanded down or cut out....  And on top of it, I cant find that video anymore lol

Post Merge: June 11, 2009, 06:11:00 AM
UPDATE
So heres the blunt truth of it.  It looks like its gonna fit, until you actually have to put the insides in, especially to the back of the housing.  I clipped/sanded a few areas to make some room, most noteably where the headphone jack is, but the problem Im having now is the part where the two boards connect, and also the part where the analog sits to touch the motherboard.  I also messed up my UMD drive door putting it in, as one side that keeps it opening and closing cracked right off....  It seems that if enough pressure is put on squeezing or pressing down right to the right of the analog stick, it seems to be pressing the analog stick to the board, and the headphone jack to the motherboard and the analog will work fine, otherwise it has a mind of its own lol.  I also dont seem to be getting power to the umd drive as I have no laser activity.  Im going to try and fix it today and fit it a bit better, but Im running out of ideas because everything I looked at yesterday seemed fine, but the mother board kept popping up off the headphone jack piece, that black connector where the two boards meet.  If anyone has some insight, please share! Thanks!
BTW overall it looks amazing :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 06:13:53 AM by nikegreat1 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal