• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
WTF?
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:15:41 PM »
Hey everybody,
I recently purchased an rrod xbox 360 with HDMI off ebay, and I received it today, then I realized it had the warrenty stick when I was taking it apart so I stoped, went online found out it was Unregistered. then I registered it but on the microsoft website it says my 3 year warrenty expired, even though the MFR date is from 2007 which means it was bought more recently then that date, could it be that the seller replaced the shell with one with a warrenty stick on it?
here is the web page:(also if I go to repairs, it says my warrenty is up, but then the repair cost is $0 what does this mean?)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: WTF?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 01:23:49 PM »
call them, tell them its yours, DO NOT tell them it is second hand. tell them sometime in 2007  you "cant remember." they should fix it, you are going to need to talk to someone.

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
w00t!
great news guys
so heres the story, I bought this xbox off of ebay with "3 Rrod as-is"
i received it, found it had a warrenty sticker still on, so I called M$ and now they are fixing it for free because its still under the 3 year warrenty for Rrod but not the standard 1 year warrenty lol...YAY $60 xbox 360 Pro with HDMI and BENQ, my black hawk has hitachi, so I will sell my black hawk xbox 360 since its very loud, and keep this one!! yay(now I am going to go buy more from this seller)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 02:26:21 PM by treemty »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:07 AM »
good deal.. like I said, sometimes you just have to pick up the phone and speak to someone.

Offline atomicareprise

• Registered BST
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • FILIPINO SINCE BIRTH
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »
nice one buddy...great stuff..

i hope to have 360 soon...
viperfan91 (phat), thaq93 (psp phat parts)
pinoyballa  (2 phats ), tri-edge (slim)
Awilliams357- to be shipped

Offline p3t3r_m

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 10:52:27 AM »
i just went and got 1 second hand and it was already registered an d i rang them told them i baught it second hand and the yreregistered it to me without any fuss or asking the person it was registered to
BLARG!!

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 03:11:50 AM »
Did it have any warranty ? and did the warranty get carried over to you ? Coz when I bought mine off a friend he had like 4 years warranty on his coz it had just gotten fixed (RROD) but when I re-regisetred it to myself it said warranty was expired...doesn't matter now coz I've modded the :censored: out of it..just wondering lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal