Author Topic: Is it possible????  (Read 861 times)

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Is it possible????
« on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:15 AM »
ok i have a arcade version 360 here that dosen't have a harddrive or the 256MB internal memory so i did some looking around and seen where people had internalized thier stock hardrives now i got a regular 120gig seagate SATA harddrive sitting here and was wondering if it would work the same as a the xbox harddrive if i was to internalize it(would rather use it instead of dropping $50 for a 20 gig harddrive for it) cause all i got now is a puny 64MB memory card for the 360 ewwww it sucks can't even fully install the update on it LOL so my question is would this harddrive work if i internalized it like the smaller ones thanks to all who reply or help

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Is it possible????
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 12:38:47 PM »
That harddrive wouldn't work. There are specific model hard drives you can buy online that can work as a 360 hard drive, but the ones needed aren't seagate (if I remember correctly). Besides, you would need to flash it with a new firmware (hence why you need the specific drive) and also obtain and flash the drive with a certain key so that the xbox reads it properly and such (illegal to obtain online. Must be taken from a legit hard drive. Because of this, you can only read 20gb, 60gb, and 120gb hdd sizes. A higher hdd will read less based on the key and a lower hdd won't work[lower than the key used, I mean])

I think that made sense.

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Is it possible????
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »
Sure you could... Just do a google search for "internalize xbox 360 harddrive". I don't think that seagate will work but you can use a western digital bevs1200. Thats a 120 gig harddrive. I did one like that you can search ebay for it. They have them pre flashed to wrk with your xbox 360 or you can get a barebones hdd and do it your self. Search for ivc wiki xbox 360.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal