Author Topic: back ups question  (Read 1696 times)

Offline loco7

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Hail to the King Baby!
back ups question
« on: June 16, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
just have a odd situation. i have my 360 running on 1.51 FW (hit 47dj) my problem is any back up i put in takes 30 seconds to load and some of the games i backed up load and play fine and some say open tray so after opening and closing several times it will load and play from there. however some just won't load no matter what but play in my friends 360. i know he has a different drive believe his is a sam. no my originals  load fast and play fine from the get go. at first i thought it was the media but like i said i don't have the problem at my friends house.

i have re flashed it probably about 5 times now and no difference. i used imgburn to make my back ups and my buddy used clonecd so don't think it was the program issue

any info would be appreciated but think it could be a bad drive?
Here's my 2 cents on a 3 cent conversation.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: back ups question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 01:44:09 PM »
Not allowed to talk about this here.
Against the rules to talk about playing illegal backups.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 02:57:18 PM »
"Some people may think that creating a backup copy of an Xbox 360 game is illegal since they are copying the game without permission. This is not always the case. Actually, if a person would like to make a backup copy of a game that they legally own, then that is completely legal. However, if that person does not own a retail copy of that game, it is illegal for them to own a backup copy. Furthermore, if said person makes a backup copy of their original Xbox 360 game but then loses the original, they must also destroy the backup copy. Obviously, it is illegal to own a backup copy of any Xbox 360 game that you have never owned."
-http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/649675/playing_backups_on_xbox_360_is_it_legal.html

he never said he was playing illegal backups, he could be playing perfectly legal ones. :tup:

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »
All depends on point of view.

Some might think that you don't own the software on the disc. The developers do. Do what the hell you like to the hardware (ie the plastic). But you can only use the software as it was intended for. If they wanted you to copy it, it would say "Share Freely" on the disc (eg a Open Solaris Live CD)

It all depends on what the admins believe in. If you don't like what they think, go find another site who have similar views. Simple.
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline the360modder

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
alright, admin didnt say anything, so i guess ill give my .02 cents. Did you open your dvd drive at all? im thinking the laser is starting to fail. if it takes 30 seconds to load a game, thats strike one. if some games dont load at all, thats strike 2. but since originals work ok, thats phases that out. try reflashing the drive to 1.6, that might work.

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 02:29:46 AM »
Maybe Admins have a VERY large website to manage.

And my PS2 DVD drive started dying.
First stopped reading Blue discs.
Then DVDs.
Then PS1 games.

Still reads Silver PS2 discs, to some level. Took half an hour for Guitar Hero 2 to load up, last time I checked. Others are fiine.
PLAYS CDS FLAWLESSLY :P.

So yeah, it could be the laser.
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 05:59:19 AM »
there have been nol rules violated as of yet.. the discussion of legal backups, and problems associated with them.. what is not allowed is peddaling illigal hardware (modchips) and discussions about where to download games. as long as you stay legal the convo is ok so far..

I agree sounds like the lazers is dying, it could also just need fine tuning

Offline moeiscool

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »
can you point me to the tut you used to flash your drive
i want to play back ups of my games
im scared to ruine the games i have because i dont have a job and my mom buys them for me
if i ask for another copy of a $60.00 game shes gonna smack me back to india
PLEASE DONT USE REFERRAL BANNERS IN YOUR SIG
Signed
Mac

Offline krazyone2006

• PoM PuFFs??
  • Registered BST
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »
go to www.360mods.com they got all the tutorials and software you need to learn how to flash your drives its where i learned to do it tutorial is very straight forward and very informative it good luck careful you don't brick your drive and back up your drive's key thats jungflasher gives you in case you lose it

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 10:25:36 AM »
I have heard of people having problems with the DVDs that they burn there "legally" copied games too.  low cost media is just as it sounds low cost = low quality.  Make sure to use known good media when burning your software to the disc. 

Also sounds like laser may be dying like the above posters suggest.  Good way to check is pop in the original and see if it likes it any better and if originals play fine without issue, then it is the media you are using for your backups.

the reason why I put legally in quotations, is that I dont think the issue of making a backup for your software has been fully played out in the courts, however think about it like this, if you buy a music CD you are allowed to use the music anyway you wish whether it be making a backup or putting it on your own MP3 players, because you own that music. the issue comes when you share the music or sell copies of it, then you are breaking the law.  I think that gaming falls into this type of catagory, however the console makers are doing anything and everything to prevent it, including making it a violation of terms of use for their system warranties and online services.  probably if game manufacturers offered free replacement of damaged discs they would have a leg to stand on, but until then I think the consumer has a right to protect their investment anyway they can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal