Author Topic: ABXY led touch mod.  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Mattocaster7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
ABXY led touch mod.
« on: June 30, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »
Hey, kinda new to the whole controller modding thing. Only mods I have really performed are the x-clamp and heat sink rrod fixes. I recently watched a video which included the sleeper rapid fire mod, but the controller also had the abxy buttons light up only when they were pressed. I'd really like to have that done to my controller rather than having the buttons lit at all times. How would I go about pulling that off?

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: ABXY led touch mod.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 07:16:28 AM »
Ok there are two motherboards for xbox360 controllers.  The older one is the Matrix style, which will be difficult to accomplish this mod with, and the newer one is CG, which will be perfect for this mod.

CG means common ground, so when the buttons are pressed, it makes a connection to ground.  So simply put you just need to hook you Positive side of your leds to the +3V connection then connect the negative side to the part of the button pads that gets connected to ground.  When the button is pressed it connects the LED to ground and makes a circuit. (remember to use resistors with your LEDs)

Offline Mattocaster7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 07:52:47 AM »
Both of the controllers I have for modding are CG model, so that's good news. If anyone could provide me with a diagram of how to wire this up it would be greatly appreciated. Also I plan on using 4 white leds for the buttons, so which resistance should be used?

Offline 40_ounce

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 08:58:43 AM »
This is for a wired controller. I'm not sure if you canuse this tut for a wireless jus thought I would post it for you.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/mods/xbox%20360%20Controller%20LED%20Mod.htm

Offline Mattocaster7

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »
I've already looked at that mod, as I was going to do it initially, but the lights are on all of the time with this method. I just want them to light up when the buttons are pressed down, then turn off again upon release.

Post Merge: July 02, 2009, 06:07:26 PM
Anybody have details on how to do it?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:07:26 PM by Mattocaster7 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal