Author Topic: C++ Compiler.  (Read 945 times)

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
C++ Compiler.
« on: July 04, 2009, 02:45:33 AM »
Whats the best compiler to start with?

I'm beginning to learn C++, what compiler would you recommend?

Thanks

Ben

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: C++ Compiler.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 07:42:04 AM »
OH. OH.
I want to know this too.

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
Well first of all,you have to know what platform you're compiling your code for.If it's windows,just get the official windows C++ studio,if it's linux,get the linux one,if it's for homebrew,then you need to get the IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
Derp.

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
Cheers Budd

:D

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »
Let's say you want to code in C++ for the wii (which I highly recommend for starting out),remember to get the libraries as well as the sdk.
Libraries are like bricks of a house,but it is your job to build them into what you want and hold them together with cement,which in this case is other code.
The libraries are for things like integrating the wiimote etc.
Let's say you want to make an app that connects to the net,you will  have to load up the library for the wifi,and you will have to load the network configuration etc.
1st of all you should make a launcher,as in a module on the Wii menu from which you can launch your homebrew,there is programmes to do this for you.How I started was I made an app,so that when I pressed a button,it would display what button has been pressed and other things such as the orientation of the wiimote,then I moved into more advanced things like displaying a cursor on the screen that is relative to where you are pointing the wiimote,there is a library for that as well.I didn't really get much further than that on the wii,after that I started doing simple apps for windows,such as a file browser.
Things such as menu's are pretty simple also,first you create a range,for instance (this code is not written in a format where you could copy it into a wii app,as 1st you have to make the declarations)

if
cursor1 x=25
and
cursor1 y=25
then
var1=0

That means that when you place the cursor at x25y25,the value of variable 1 is 0,which I had previously set variable 1 to display 1 on the screen,but when the cursor is at x25y25,that 1 will change to a 0.

Hope I helped.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:11:57 PM by ryan0 »
Derp.

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 02:12:53 PM »
Ahh cool stuff..

I was hoping to do rapid fire, just as a side hobby, i got 9 weeks of nothingness to try and learn something, so hopefully I can get my head around this :)

Thanks for all your help :)

Ben :D

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »
Ahh cool stuff..

I was hoping to do rapid fire, just as a side hobby, i got 9 weeks of nothingness to try and learn something, so hopefully I can get my head around this :)

Thanks for all your help :)

Ben :D

Oh,if you want to programme PIC's,then you should be learning C,not C++,you can't programme a PIC in C++.
Derp.

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »
Oh,if you want to programme PIC's,then you should be learning C,not C++,you can't programme a PIC in C++.

Ahh Ok, What compiler should I use for C then?

Thanks

Ben

Offline ryan0

• I EAT STUFF
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • I LIEK CHEEEEZE
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »
Theres loads of C compilers for PIC's,I recommend the official MicroChip compiler,I'd link you but I'm on my Iphone
Derp.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal