Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 1878 times)

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
Black Friday
« on: July 18, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »
i know its early but im gonna try to save up for a laptop. i just wanted to know if any of you guys bought a laptop last year for black friday? if so how much did it run you

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Re: Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 03:50:40 PM »
On black Friday you can usually get a really decent laptop or desktop for under 300$ usually closer to $200.

-TwisT

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 05:32:34 PM »
a word of advice, whatever you end up buying, go the day before and hide it somewhere(i hide stuff in the freezers). i had like $400 to get a new pc a few years back but they were sold out  :cry2:

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 06:47:19 PM »
a word of advice, whatever you end up buying, go the day before and hide it somewhere(i hide stuff in the freezers). i had like $400 to get a new pc a few years back but they were sold out  :cry2:

Think really really hard about that for one second. What store allows a customer to take a laptop out of the locked cases and lets them walk off with it. In Bestbuy they carry them to the counter, same with wal-mart and generally everywhere else. Plus stores keep track of high tag items like laptops. Imagine being the lowly store associate that hands somebody a laptop, and then at the end of the day when a store checks the high ticket items that were sold, and a laptop is missing. How bad does that look for that guy? I speak from experience. Lastly, imagine how it'd look to security when you hide a laptop in a fridge or a bag or what have you.

-TwisT

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »
lol i didnt mean like the whole laptop. think smaller, i know for a fact that graphics cards and a lot of other hardware at best buy are not locked to anything, they just have one of those security things that set off the alarm if you walk out the door with it. i never said try and steal something, i only meant put it somewhere where other people wont be looking for it to give yourself a better chance of being able to buy it.and it applies to black friday deals in general. and if not in a freezer, somewhere people aren't going to be looking for black friday deals, like the gardening area, or behind some chips in the food area. learn to look innocent, i didnt say go in wearing all black clothes and a ski mask, grab some electronics, and sprint over to the appliances. grab a cart, do your usual shopping while you're there, and give yourself a better chance of a successful black friday.  :tup:

Offline Tri-edge

• I found Nemo!!
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Azure knight
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 05:11:34 AM »
also another tip is when you go to try to get that laptop leave IN THE MORNING and wait at the store otherwise you won't get it.  If it's a really high ticket popular item everybody is going to want it and so they will leave super early for it.  If you don't go all out you probably won't get it.

This is speaking from experience.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:16:33 AM by Tri-edge »

Offline tmandt

• Club AM VIP
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • o.O tOny! JDMKID
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 07:38:58 AM »
yea idk if ima go early though. it was a :censored: when i got my wii, i was gonna go at like 8 to meet up with my sister and her bf to buy a wii but i decided to go early at like 3(wanted to get the experience of waiting outside lmao) so i did, supposly the best buy had like 90 of them thats why my sis told me to go at like when it opens. but luckly i went early, i was number 20 i think :D, i miss my wii though :( sold it for 380 haha.

im not looking for a bad ass laptop just a decent one i can use for everday

Offline blackburn

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Xbox 360 Enthusiast and JTAGer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »
Last black friday, a radio shack in my area sold PS3 DualShock Controllers and Elite 360 controllers for $20, so i picked up the last 2 of each  :#1:

All Sigs Made by ME!

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 05:35:10 PM »
whats so good about black friday? im confused

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
Its the day after Thanksgiving and its when TONS of people go out for all the shopping deal (Lots of :censored: is on sale.) for Holiday shopping.

Its a lot of Bull:censored:. People die lol

Offline bustinthejustin

• Registered BST
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 05:51:27 PM »
whats so good about black friday? im confused

It's the equivalent of Boxing Day ;)

Sig by Kenshinffx - Thanks!

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2009, 07:57:07 PM »
also another tip is when you go to try to get that laptop leave IN THE MORNING and wait at the store otherwise you won't get it.  If it's a really high ticket popular item everybody is going to want it and so they will leave super early for it.  If you don't go all out you probably won't get it.

This is speaking from experience.

Or you could camp outside the store. Like you see all the people doing when apple
releases something.

Offline EliteGamer83

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Trusted Seller! Slim Modder! Graphics Artist!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
Yeah last year my best buy had desktop's with monitor's and everything the whole sha-bang bundle for around $300. Every best buy in my area, each store was only allowed 500 and they had a 1 per customer thing too. The next day  found one of the headlines was they sold all 500 within 2 minuets. You MUST MUST leave early or even the day before if you TRULY want something and its a GREAT deal. Last year Black friday was the day after thanksgiving, we drove past our best buy on the way to our family's house, and there were people already lined up at 10 AM the day BEFORE... just think.. what a horrible thanksgiving.. no hot food lol I think someone did bring a portable microwave.. but still no fun lol.   

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 11:38:12 PM »
i know its early but im gonna try to save up for a laptop. i just wanted to know if any of you guys bought a laptop last year for black friday? if so how much did it run you
Never bought a laptop on BF. Usually you have to get there early for the good ones and sometimes even the deals are crapola. BF three years ago was awesome. BF last year was worthless.

You can't. High-demand items are locked up.

Yeah last year my best buy had desktop's with monitor's and everything the whole sha-bang bundle for around $300. Every best buy in my area, each store was only allowed 500 and they had a 1 per customer thing too. The next day  found one of the headlines was they sold all 500 within 2 minuets. You MUST MUST leave early or even the day before if you TRULY want something and its a GREAT deal. Last year Black friday was the day after thanksgiving, we drove past our best buy on the way to our family's house, and there were people already lined up at 10 AM the day BEFORE... just think.. what a horrible thanksgiving.. no hot food lol I think someone did bring a portable microwave.. but still no fun lol.   
If you really really really really want something (like more than all the other people who really want something) then you better be prepared to camp out at the place the day before, and all night until the store opens in the morning. Going at 3am for a 5am opening will guarantee nothing but wasted sleep.

--

The only thing I ever get on BF (since the past 2 years) is dirt-cheap DVDs. But now you can get those online from Amazon anyway.
Kamelot Forever

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 01:13:08 PM »
It's the equivalent of Boxing Day ;)

ahh now it makes sense

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk