Author Topic: HELP NEEDED!!! (Please)  (Read 949 times)

Offline FatalArmyOfOne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
HELP NEEDED!!! (Please)
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:04:41 PM »
Hey everyone new to the forums here! I've been snoopin around for a few days and i've seen and read alot of your guy's ideas and seen alot of your work, very impressive!! I decided I wanted to create my own rapid fire controller. So I got all the stuff needed and got it all ready drilled the hole got the button in and everything was going great. Souldered all my wires to the button and the one in between the 3 on the right. I than proceded to go to work on D21 and than the damn L.E.D. fell off. What can i do? or am i just screwed? Anyways any ideas or comments would be great. Thanks again everybody. It's very much appreciated!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:10:38 PM by FatalArmyOfOne »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: HELP NEEDED!!! (Please)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »
Just solder the led back on...
I'm guessing you're doing the no chip rapidfire? In which case, you're only supposed to solder to the one side of the led, not both. It shouldn't have fallen off.
I suggest buying a chip, though. They're much better and actually work.

Regardless, even if you can't solder it back on (The correct way, mind you. If it doesn't light, flip it around and solder it the opposite way) then your controller will still work perfectly fine, you just won't have the led.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:15:39 PM by PspKicks316 »

Offline FatalArmyOfOne

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:17:22 PM »
Thanks for quick reply! I've tried to get it back on but its being a pain in the butt. Its soo tiny that when i'm trying to put it back on it just gets sucked into the ball of solder.. any other ideas?

Post Merge: August 09, 2009, 06:26:19 PM
Correct. The non-chip rapid fire. I'm not very electronically gifted. This is really my crack at ever doing anything like this. So if i were to a (chip) i would have no idea what i'm getting nor would i know or have any idea of how to hook it up... But i mean i'm willing to try anything..
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:26:19 PM by FatalArmyOfOne »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 04:30:50 AM »
solder it to the red wire leed from the rumble pack if you cant deal with the led. order some new leds and practice. as far as the ball of solder, when I do LED's I dont use solder, I reheat the existing solder, tin your tip and just touch it to the pad/led, once you have the led mounted, you can then apply solder to one side then the other just as an extra measure, also when soldering to the leds this only takes like two seconds any longer than that and something is not right, heat is not your friend here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal