Author Topic: Over Heating help  (Read 2829 times)

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
Over Heating help
« on: August 15, 2009, 01:26:40 PM »
I recently got the ylod so i went and opened it up and re flowed the mobo. When i turn the main power switch on i can hear a mosquito noise coming from the psu but you have to be like 3 inches away to hear it. so should i buy a new psu is that my problem?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 07:52:28 PM by socomhacker239 »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Over Heating help
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:05:08 PM »
I think you just screwed up reflowing the mobo. Why did you reflow the whole mobo?

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
i didnt reflow the whole mobo just the parts that gilsky pointed out in the video.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
I just fixed my ps3's ylod and it works great except after about 20 minutes of use the psu gets really really hot and it make a mosquito noise that is very quiet. So do i need a new psu? or is that normal?

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:56:06 PM »
You might have fried the mobo with static :( you should always ground yourself before opening electronics.

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 04:03:52 PM »
You might have fried the mobo with static :( you should always ground yourself before opening electronics.
No im made sure i grounded myself off. I fixed it any ways it was the cable from the powerboard it was messed up but everything works except the psu gets hot really quick i started a new topic for that. thanks for the replys

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
I just fixed my ps3's ylod and it works great except after about 20 minutes of use the psu gets really really hot and it make a mosquito noise that is very quiet. So do i need a new psu? or is that normal?
you just need a new mobe of the same model lol

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »
you just need a new mobe of the same model lol
Wait! why would i need a new mobo? Nevermind about this anyways i think its normal ive ran it for 4 hours straight and it really dosent get hot any more.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »
ok i just re flowed my motherboard and my ps3 now works but my ps3 shutsoff in about 2 hours of use and it starts blinkng red so i turn it off for about a minute and turn it back on and everything works again its just the psu gettin hot and nothing else so do i need a new psu? for now i just keep a fan pointed at the psu and i can run it constantly with out problems.

Offline TaSlAyEr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • i has a shovel lolz
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
ok i just re flowed my motherboard and my ps3 now works but my ps3 shutsoff in about 2 hours of use and it starts blinkng red so i turn it off for about a minute and turn it back on and everything works again its just the psu gettin hot and nothing else so do i need a new psu? for now i just keep a fan pointed at the psu and i can run it constantly with out problems.
like i said reflowing is it temp fix your ps3 needs a new mobo of the same model.... it will keep shutting off with prolonged use.  get a cooling fan the attachs to your ps3 one that has its own power supply and keep your ps3 near a AC or a widow for even better cooling. Also dont play your ps3 for to long it wil get the YLOD again and again 

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 07:43:29 PM »
ok thanks but i dont understand why i need a new motherboard its the psu getting hot! i can leave my ps3 on all night with a fan pointed on the psu and it stays working and not overheating it stays cold.

Offline Slim Hacker

• Mr PS3
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
wow ive never heard of a overheating PS3 PSU
you might try to replace the PSU but
I would just try replacing the PSU or wait until the Slim is fully out and see weather it has overheating issues.

Quote from: Jumbo
I herd you like stealing quotes ey?

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 07:02:40 PM »
wow ive never heard of a overheating PS3 PSU
you might try to replace the PSU but
I would just try replacing the PSU or wait until the Slim is fully out and see weather it has overheating issues.

yea me either i think i just have a bad psu but ive put the ps3 back together and it stays pretty cool the air it blows out is really cool and i have no more problems.I dont do anything special either no ac or fan. But still i think i should be carful with the psu so im going to try replacing it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:04:29 PM by socomhacker239 »

Offline Travisweet3

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:00 AM »
It could very well be a bad psu. But a short of some sort on your mobo or a static discharge from when you were working on it could have occured aswell. A reason why a psu would get so hot is if one of the components (probably your mobo) is trying to draw too much amperage from it. My psu doesn't get hot at all and it shouldn't. Check make sure non of your components are shorting and even check the ammount of current your mobo is drawing from your psu.

Offline socomhacker239

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2009, 09:06:18 PM »
well thanks but i already sold the ps3.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal