Author Topic: Can someone flash BIOS chips?  (Read 2414 times)

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
Can someone flash BIOS chips?
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:54 AM »
I just purchased the ASUS P6T SE, and i have yet to buy the i7-920 to put in it.
The motherboard was ex-display, and never used (It still had the cellophane on the logo on the heatsink). Yet as i dont know what BIOS revision is on it, i have a problem.

The current i7-920 runs with D0 Stepping techology, whereas older versions of this motherboard's BIOS only support the older C0 Stepping. I am at a loss as to how to test it without a CPU, but the BIOS chip is removable. If it comes down to it, i will have to manually remove the BIOS chip and replace it with a chip flashed with the newer BIOS version. My question to you guys is, can anyone flash chips for me to put in my motherboard?

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

Offline DubbleDutch

• BlietZ Modding
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +3/-0

Re: Can someone flash BIOS chips?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 07:14:48 AM »
if correct you can flash the bios yourself while it is in the motherboard :S

To all of you crying about lag and kicks, remember… when Jesus died, took him 3 days to respawn. Now THAT is lag.

Offline ProperBritish

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Raining Blood! From A Lacerated Sky!
Re: Can someone flash BIOS chips?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »
i cannot without a CPU. if the CPU is D0 stepped (which it will be), and my motherboard is on BIOS version 0106, the CPU wont work. therefore i wont be able to boot into the BIOS without a CPU. quite a pickle. there's 3 way i can get it to work. buy ANOTHER i7-920, but the older version (C0 stepped, which is compatible) and then upgrade it and sell the CPU off. or remove the chip and flash it myself, or just buy a new chip, pre-flashed.

Quote from: ≤Ʀαωгу≥
you know who i would bone? daffy duck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal