Author Topic: Question about power source  (Read 1110 times)

Offline nox13666

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Question about power source
« on: September 07, 2009, 07:23:40 AM »
Right so ive been thinking, people keep saying that the intercooler was bad because it steals power from the 360 (i know there is a new version out that doesnt but that doesnt matter, they suck anyway). So I got myself some xcm core cooler V2's and wired them up to the 12v source under the power port on the 360 cuz I didnt want to steal power from the dvd drive, I also wired up up my talismoon fans to the same source. All works fine and no problems but will it cause problems in future? Just made me think that the power the core v2 fans are using is the same as what the intercooler would be using =S  Soo...yeh im confused...Also is the intercooler any good when running on its own power supply?

Thanks.

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Question about power source
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
You're perfectly fine.

But, what are you on about with the intercooler? The intercooler is external and it's bad because it blocks the 360s internal fans..

Offline nox13666

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »
Well, people say that apparently the intercooler was also bad because it "steals" power from the 360 main power supply..Any for some reason that was bad lol. Thanks for the reply =)

EDIT;
And the reason I mentioned this is because; isnt the intercooler using the same power source as the core cooler v2 fans when wired up to the power port from the 360?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:03:47 AM by nox13666 »

Offline treemty

• l,,l METAL l,,l
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Will mod for food
    • the1337group.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:24 AM »
"stealing" power from the xbox is perfectly harmless. the power is always distributed equally, and will not make a difference.

Offline Jumbo

• Dr. Mod
  • BST BAN
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +0/-3
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »
Why would they make USB ports if the PSU couldn't handle it?! It will do just fine its that the intercooler blocks the stock fans and makes it hotter than it would be with out the intercooler.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal