Author Topic: Short circuit  (Read 962 times)

Offline jakeykun

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Short circuit
« on: October 13, 2009, 09:48:37 PM »
Ive used the search button but could only find one topic close to what my problem is and it wasnt solved. But anyways here goes

I was doing direct contact sound reactive leds then plugged them into my psp and turned it on to make sure they work. Like usual it would just light up and stay there. But the ones hooked up to the right speaker are faintly flickering. but if i hook them up to the left speaker they flicker very brightly and make a static noise and gets really hot.

To try and see what was shorting it i removed the motherboard and hooked up my battery and power switch to it and turned it on with the speakers still hooked in. It showed the same results as before.

In another attempt i removed the speakers from the motherboard and turned it on. When i put my ear close to it. a buzzing sound is made and it still heats up.

The psp works fine other then that and i cant think of whats causing it because there are no noticeable shorts or any kind of solder getting in the way.

Thanks ahead of time

Offline Max_Kreeger

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Short circuit
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 02:54:11 AM »
What LEDs are you using and what is getting hot the LEDs or... ? The way I did it is. I actually added two extra speakers. So I spliced into the wires and added extra speakers from them and then I soldered the LEDs directly to the speaker so it went from PSP mobo-> speaker -> to LEDs. The LEDs you are using are most likely small and are being given too much power..thus the overheating...but I'm not sure why the left one is stronger. Try playing a song see what happens to the right speaker LEDs then.

Max

Offline jakeykun

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Short circuit
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:17:44 AM »
This is where it being really strange comes in.

I have 2red leds hook up to it at the moment. I did have a 3rd speaker in the back but i unsoldered that. The right speaker plays perfectly fine. Sound is good and the leds light up. The only problem is that they flicker dimly. When i play a song it still reacts. The left side still plays sound but its all chopped up so i dont hear alot of it. The led on the left side flickers too but its very bright. And if this helps im using a TA-79 mobo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal