Author Topic: Duplicating Buttons  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Blackmane

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Duplicating Buttons
« on: October 20, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »
I'm trying to create (non-rapid-fire) copies of the face buttons on an X360 controller on the left hand underside.  Reason being that I play a lot of the time while needing my second hand to do other things (hug wife, hold baby, type on computer, etc).  But, I still want to be able to use the face buttons if I want to.

I successfully made copies of the A and B buttons, but the original ones stopped working.  Figuring that I'd done something wrong, I went ahead and started installing the buttons, but when I broke the B button's lead during installation the face button started working again.  I had soldered momentary switches to the pinouts on either side of the buttons on a Matrix controller.

So my question is, is there any way I can have both the original and duplicate buttons working at the same time?  I can post a picture of the current configuration if needed.

Thanks.

Offline gamerdude767

• Blogs & Media Member
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +1/-0
Re: Duplicating Buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 01:53:12 PM »
Could you post a picture of what you have done so far i and will help you from there :D

Quote from: H-Sauce
**Long Pause**........
Yup, thats better than balloons

Offline Blackmane

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »
Figured it out.  Newbie error, got NC buttons mixed up with NO buttons.  Trying again with the right ones, will let you know (and post a pic) if further help needed.

Sorry.

Offline Blackmane

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 09:43:52 AM »
New question now.  I wanted to ask before I started messing around and broke the thumbstick.  Is it possible to wire a button to a thumbstick to get it to move in one direction?  I wanted to be able to do left stick up with a momentary switch.

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal