Author Topic: Clearcase Paint Mod  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Nefarius

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Then he was like RAWR!
Clearcase Paint Mod
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
For a while now I've been messing about with psp case mods, working out different colour schemes and what not. I liked my origibal concept of a Blue Chrome face & backplate and the rest have white accents. Made a few drawings on paper and yeah, can't say that I wasn't satisfied. Dare I say it, it looked awesome! Those kinds of Case mods aren't that hard to do. Only thing I have to paint is the grey/silver trim to make it a complete theme. Plus ofc the occasional led, but that doesn't matter now.

But to come back on topic, I have this idea in my head for an awesome psychadelic sixties grafitti stule case mod. This particular case will be a Clearcase and will probably have all clear buttons aswell. Haven't decided on that yet, but I can always get different colour buttons. The style very colourfull utilising different colours like bright red, poisenous green, bright yellow, bright orange, bright purple and what not. Just a very psychadelic mix of colours.

But why use a Clearcase you ask. Well I want it to look like 2 coloured lines with empty space in between. Something like this || I hope you know what I mean by that. And all those lines don't really cross eachother but flow next to eachother like when you drop a stone in a pond and you see the water wrinkle. Only more, well.... Like you's use Acid or something, I don't know how to explain it other then Psychadelic!

The thing is I am a total dimwit when it comes to painting, drawing, making it fit & coexist with eachother on a psp case. Then there's the point of what colour will the trim be? Can't be translucent? And several other points I need to crack my brain over.

THus my question is: Can anyone of the art theme help me realise this Psychadelic Sixties themed psp. As in draw different sketches of what it could look like, find a solution for the trim. Perhaps even help decide where the leds could be for maximized effect. Or if its even possible to accomplish.

One last thing! JoblessPunk got his psp lettering printed back onto his faceplate. Does anyone know of such a store in the Netherlands?

I bid you farewell! Sorry for the wall of text too!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Clearcase Paint Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:33:18 AM »
I am no artist, therofr I cannot help. please read his post, it is in the correct section.

Offline Nefarius

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Then he was like RAWR!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 02:08:55 PM »
I've made a crude sketch of what I meant. Its still in black and white but eventually It needs to have that psychadelic sixties look to it. Hoping I can get some help with it since I suck at pc drawing xD

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »
You Should Put A Chain in Their,
Like The One Cholos Had With Their Zoo Suits
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal