Author Topic: Logitech wireless headset conversion  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Q51

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
Logitech wireless headset conversion
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
Ok the just of it is that I got an old but good Logitech wireless headset and I would like to use it with my Xbox 360. So far my research hasn’t turned up any examples of this headset working with the 360. I have found instructions on how to make the receiving dongle USB compatible and I was hoping that one of you guys had ether done this or would know if this would work with the 360. And if not is there any way to make it work? The instructions to make it USB compatible are available http://www.instructables.com/id/Convert-your-XBox-Live-Communicator-headset-into-a/ and info on the headset model is http://vpgames.com/p-533-xbox-logitech-wireless-cordless-headset.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Froogle&utm_campaign=XBLTHEADSET. Thanks for any help you can give.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Logitech wireless headset conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:31:45 PM »
Nope. All 360 peripherals have a Security IC in them and without this IC nothing will work on the 360, except keyboards or whatever M$ allows, even 3rd party controllers have these ICs in them.

The only way you'd get that Headset to work on the 360 is to buy the Wireless 360 Headset, gut them both and install the insides of the 360 one into the Logitech shell, which may or may not be possible, depends on how much room is in the Logitech one.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline ConsoleSwag

• Registered BST
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Logitech wireless headset conversion
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »
True IC makes everything more exspensive and complicated

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal