Author Topic: Black Wii Impressions  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Spriche

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Black Wii Impressions
« on: May 13, 2010, 10:01:59 AM »
With the new motion-plus bundled controllers and black accessories, it was only a matter of time before Nintendo released a black system. I didn't think it would take quite this long but now that it finally released on May 9th, I went ahead and picked one up. First off, it's a pretty good deal, you get Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort along with a motion-plus attachment for 199.99. You're pretty much saving 50 bucks by picking up this bundle. I'm pretty sure that going forward this will be the way Wii's are packaged permanently.

My only issue with the packaging itself is that Resort does not come in a case. It comes in a dinky little sleeve like Wii Sports comes in.

Come on Nintendo! The game already had a case with it's initial release! You couldn't spring for a double disc case? I could see a case not fitting in with the current way the Wii is packed but it could have been done in a way to fit a case in there.   

I will say the console itself looks very nice in black. It looks especially nice when you get a message and the slot glows blue.

One of the advantages of a black console is that dirt and dust won't show up on it nearly as much as it does on the white system, It is however, fingerprint city. If you have kids at home and you like the way your console looks you might want to have it out of arms length. Even taking it out of the box leaves a few prints on it. A CSI would have field day with the amount of prints left on it.

As I said before, this package also comes with Wii Motion-plus. It actually comes already attached to the controller right out of the box, already wrapped in a jacket.

This is the same setup you can buy separately for about 54.99. What is interesting is that you also get a second smaller jacket just for the controller by itself.

I don't see why anyone would bother taking the motion-plus attachment off but it is nice to have an extra jacket. Also, I don't thing black jackets are available in the standard size outside of the new bundle.

The Wii-mote and nunchuck look great in black but remember fingerprints abound thanks to the glossy finfish. I personally like this black over the Elite 360's or slim PS3's. All in all if you thought about picking up a Wii at some point I think it's worth getting. It's not WiiHD or even motion plus built-in but it is  a great value. If you already have a Wii it's nothing to get too excited over unless you want a different color.

If black doesn't tickle your fancy, the bundle is also available in white.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:32:01 AM by Spriche »

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
Re: Black Wii Impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:03:46 PM »
I beg to differ. Dust shows up MUCH easier on black. (Trust me...all of my stuff is black)

Lovin' the case color though. Black > white

Offline aquatsr

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »
I beg to differ. Dust shows up MUCH easier on black. (Trust me...all of my stuff is black)

Lovin' the case color though. Black > white

Dust does show up quicker on a glossy black surface. Gloss black and metallic black cars you can see dust layers and prints almost instantly. However a dusty black car looks way better than a dusty white car - I know, my car is gloss white, and while dust takes a little while to show up, blemishes and dead bugs mean I have to wash my car more often.
Kamelot Forever

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 01:54:59 AM »
I hate black consoles because there are almost no places to install leds. Black classic controller pro for example. I didn't bundle MHTri just so I could have the white one.  And the white DS Lite shows light very well through its housing.  Not a chance in the world with black.

Offline BUDDHA_123

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • omg!!!! PS3
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 07:58:07 AM »
wait??!?!?! doesnt the wii come in white anyway? D: omg I've been baduffed....  well that sucks :x: :x: :x: :x: :x: :x:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal