Author Topic: I need some help  (Read 725 times)

Offline xMEx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Deadly modder
I need some help
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:31:17 PM »
Well I found my multimeter so I could check my psp backlight fuse worked so I tried to check it and I ended up on every single setting and I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right.

It was like this.

---{FD}---

---{FD}---

the color is positive and negative probes from my multimeter.

and the needle never moved at all and I used it on my AA battery and the needle moved so that means my multimeter worked but my fuse dosn't work right?

and just to clairify when I touched the battery with the probes the needle moved and when I touched either side of the fuse the needle stayed still.

And should I bridge my fuse or should I try to replace it?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:39:31 PM by xMEx »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: I need some help
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
you have to test for power in relation to ground. meaning you hold the black probe on a ground point and use the red to test each side of the fuse, while holding the black on a ground point. the psp must be on.

or

simply test the fuse for contenuity. this is a test to make sure the fuse is connected all the way through. there is a setting on your meter for this, touch your two probes together the meter should make a beep sound. touch one probe to each side of the fuse if the meter beeps, the fuse is good if it don't, the fuse is bad.

Offline xMEx

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Deadly modder
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »
Where is a ground point on a psp?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
dude, your going to have a hard time.
in this pic, you see the power plug, it has two points where it contacts the mobo, the positive has a red wire soldered to it, the ground does not

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal