Author Topic: Info on possible 3DS processing power  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Spriche

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Info on possible 3DS processing power
« on: June 05, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »
IGN currently has a FAQ up on their site concerning the 3DS. Most of it is stuff we already know or pure conjecture. One interesting thing does stick out however. In the section about the 3DS processing power, the site reads that although Nintendo hasn't released any official specs, "Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

You can take that with a grain of salt but if it's true that would mean that the Big N's handheld would be more powerful than it's home console! I think that is a problem Nintendo should not ignore. Personally, I'm getting more intrigued by the 3DS the more I hear about it. I purposely held off on getting a DSi just because I want to see what the next gen handheld has to offer. Geomtry Wars 3D could be an insane possibility, and I would love it! Can't wait 'till E3 so we can see this thing, looks like it's shaping up to be less of a gimmick device and more like a true fully fleshed out next gen platform...of course my hopes and dreams could be crushed come E3.

Source:
IGN
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:10:43 PM by Spriche »

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: Info on possible 3DS processing power
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
They actually used a real CPU this time instead of a painted mini-wafer? I'm in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal