Author Topic: How do you fix the open trey error?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
How do you fix the open trey error?
« on: June 29, 2010, 01:16:26 PM »
I put the disc in and it reads it then it says open trey any ideas how to fix this or tutorials?

Offline smithy141

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: How do you fix the open trey error?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 02:08:35 PM »
I had the same problem, but i found out that my disk was slightly scratched. have you tried a different disc?

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
ur laser/drive is gone. you can get a new laser and fix it like i did r swap drives

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 09:11:21 AM »
id say try opening up ur disc drive first and clean the hell out of it.  dirty lens (alcohol and q-tip) might be the issue. ive had bought one off of craigslist and i just cleaned the dust and lens and it worked like brand new for $50!
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline StoopidMunkee

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:58 PM »
i had that problem
i traded my working 360 for his "broken" one and he also gave me 100$
all i did was move the laser over in the drive so it would in the middle and it worked like a charm after that.
made 100$ and still have a working xbox i didnt have to do any work on

Offline Roldy

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 02:31:03 PM »
lol nice stoopidmunkee

my xbox has the same problem right now so iam just gonna buy the torx and fix it myself lol the 360 is more simple inside then u think

Offline LOONEY2008

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »
hi have had a few drives like this myself hope this helps.
1. look at lazer for dullness and clean it with alcohol based product and cotton ear bud.
2. check the dvd spinal for stickyness ie turn the black circle by hand if its not lose its fooked. and will give you the message your haveing.
3. wd40 on the motor that drives the disc, just a tiny bit thought so it spins up like new again i found on some older drives this fixed the issue first attempt.
lastly was the tray not closeing fully ie the tray was in but the disc section hadent engaged fully up after closeing i found regreaseing all the slides and then manually eject and close a few times soon fixed thats issue .
again this is just what i have tried in the past and had succes on in fixed open tray issues so like others in here have helped on things i knew nothing about i hope this helps you in repairing this error just a little quicker .
happy gameing all/

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 10:10:30 PM »
I have fixed TONS of xboxs with the open tray error. Guess what.... I fixed every single one by just replacing the laser.  You can get a replacement lens on fleabay for nearly nothin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal