Author Topic: Problems with my xbox 360  (Read 1389 times)

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
Problems with my xbox 360
« on: July 26, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Hi guys!!

Last week i fixed my xbox 360, it had 3 red lights. I fixed it with a "hot gun" (i dont know if its the right word lol). Well it has been working fine but today when i was playing it turned off with two red lights. When i turned on again in the screen of my TV there was a message wich says that this problem was a ventilation failure. I have checked the fans ifor if they had wrongly connected but they are fine.

Anybody knows if this problem is by te 3 red lights i had before? How can i fix it?

Thanks in advance

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Problems with my xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 02:47:20 PM »
two red lights means the unit overheated, you must have the fan shroud (whit plastic) and the fan inplace when running the xbox.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 03:07:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply matt. I have one issue whats the meaning of "Shroud" ( there is words i dont know yet sorry). Do yo mean stuck maybe?

Thanks

Offline gunner7553

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • will void warranty
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »
No he means shroud, a shroud helps vent air over the CPU and GPU helping keep it cool with the help of fans, and then vents the now hot air out and away from the xbox.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 11:20:53 PM »
yes, all are in its place. Xbox worked fine few days but yesterday suddenly the fan started to make much noise and the xbox turned off with two red lights. I will open it again later and i will check it

Offline sakobatoneko

• MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 12:39:10 AM »
post the secondary error code, i was experiencing the same problem that you are having a while ago, i just put the shroud back on the 360 and it worked. If you took apart your 360 try tightening up the black screws, under gpu and cpu.

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 01:28:18 AM »
I think it would be the fans are bad, they work but i dont know in they do it in the right way. Maybe for this reason ii had 3 red lights

What do you think guys?

EDIT: My xbox 360 has died again with 3 red lights  :cry2: i will sell  it to buy another one lol
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:56:13 AM by rafaliyo86 »

Offline DubbedTheBeast

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
the hot gun trick is a bad idea. all of the people i have spoken to(that have tried it) have said their xbox or PS3 had failed in less than 2 weeks. i would recommend you take a trip to radio shack and pick up a tube of thermal compound. remove your heatsinks and clean the chips and the bottom of the heatsinks. you can use rubbing alcohol if you don't have arctic clean. just don't use anything else to clean it, make the tops of the chips shiny. after you are sure the chips are very clean apply a small amount of thermal paste to cover the top of the chips but just a little, you don't want to have excessive compound pushing out all over the rest of your components. the reinstall the heatsinks using the stock clamps unless you choose to mod your clamps. after you are done let it cool down and try it out.

if you give me a few minutes i will link a thread that gives great instructions.

Post Merge: August 05, 2010, 08:25:34 PM
this is one that modded mike made and i have to say that it is great. https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=33083.msg248097;boardseen#new you can thank him for it. i did do a couple things different though. i used the screw driver in the ends of the clamps to pry them away and not below the clamps. also the xbox i did this with was not known to have heat issues so i reinstalled the clamps as they were in the originally. i don't know if it would make any difference if you do it that way but you may want to mod the clamps how he shows it, being as your system has gone through a red ring already.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:26:02 PM by DubbedTheBeast »

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
That arctic clean is the exact same thing as goo gone.  So you can use that or rubbing alcohol, goo gone works amazing on it.

Offline DubbedTheBeast

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
actually thats nice to know. i have only been using isopropanol to clean just because i am familiar with it. thanks for the tip on that.

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »
cool never thought of using goo-gone.
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal