Author Topic: Help needed: CR 3100+5400 + Cam + 15mm speakers. All inside the UMD Drives bed  (Read 1474 times)

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Hello fellow pursuers of the pseudo-impossible,

It has been my long time dream (ever since I opened my first PSP up) to cram as much stuff as my soul desires into the UMD drives bed (I took out the drive way back in 2008). Recently I found Tri-edges tut on CR 3100 adapter, the last piece of my puzzle. Then, sadly, in the very beginning of the though process, some very alerting questions came up;
 Will CR 3100 work with CR 5400? Will CR 5400 work with the soon-to-be 32GB micros? Will the PSP be able to handle that kind of memory (128GB)?
And the most alarming, how will I be able to cram all those cables and electronics in that tiny space?
Now, some guy on youtube already had a cam and speakers in the drives bed, BUT he didn't have the CR-3100, which is quite large (especially for the PSP).Oh and lets not forget that I am not about to throw out my Go!Cams microphone out, which means it has to get in there too, and, like a cherry on my mountain of problems, I already have sound reactive LED (followed L0rdNiC0s tut for the slim) installed in the shoulders and every D-pad and ABXY button.
Owww gawd, new problem, with all this stuff, will my battery be able to hold on for more than 10 minutes....

Ah god, I hope someone can help me...   :fear: :beg:
Never mess with Hades...

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
I'm afraid the adapters only accept up to 16gb cards, seems as they are formatted in fat32 anyway.
And you can only do one or the other, they both use the Pro Duo slot.  :sadno:
Wouldn't matter anyway, because you'd put 128gb of cards in there and the PSP would format them to fat32 so you can only use 32gb of it. Lol. :laughing:

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
As far as formatting goes, I have a card reader, and enough know-how to format them in fat32 and keep the partition close to the unformatted state (eg. a 128 GB storage would probably turn into... 120 i think).

As "they both use the Pro Duo slot." thing, I was thinking of hooking up CR-3100 to the psp, slot and then hook the 5400 into the 3100 thus creating 4 micro sd slots, but I'm not sure on this, so the result is 1:1  :yess:  :laughing:
Never mess with Hades...

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
As "they both use the Pro Duo slot." thing, I was thinking of hooking up CR-3100 to the psp, slot and then hook the 5400 into the 3100 thus creating 4 micro sd slots, but I'm not sure on this, so the result is 1:1  :yess:  :laughing:
I thought you meant two microSDs and two SDs.  :laughing:
The 3100 takes two SDs, the 5400 is a Pro Duo adapter. You'd need to find a dual MicroSD to SD adapter and get two of those.

Offline kriso13

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Well, after you gave me that little bit of insight, I scrawled the interwebs for a adapter that offers two SD slots and found this (http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/28/psp-double-expand-gives-you-two-memory-slots-on-the-ugly/), now of course this will be dismantled and ripped apart to fit in the PSP thus removing the "on the ugly" :censored:, and it might give me more room since the two slots are atop one another instead of being side by side, only problem is: Does it :censored: -ing work?
Yeah, it's a simple question but a very important one, since lots of guys just build a :censored:ing box and try to rip off new modders with it, and that sucks.
So do you guys think there are any other problems?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 06:02:16 AM by kriso13 »
Never mess with Hades...

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
I scrawled the interwebs for a adapter that offers two SD slots and found this (http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/28/psp-double-expand-gives-you-two-memory-slots-on-the-ugly/)
That looks like a good find. With that and two CR-5400s your storage'll soar. Haha.
I imagine without that silly bulk from the case it'll get pretty small too.
The only thing is, if you plan to buy FOUR 32gb MicroSDs then that's gonna cost loooaaads.  :confused:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal