Author Topic: PS3 Slim with Wii slot light  (Read 3068 times)

Offline woosnow123

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PS3 Slim with Wii slot light
« on: October 10, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
So this is my first post on Acid mods but I have been following the forums as a non member for months. I know this idea has already been done but I am doing it in a different way. I decided to mod my ps3 slim with the dvd gate from a Wii. I currently am waiting for the resistors to arrive tomorrow and then plan on wiring it to a 12v source as the 5v source I tried was not very bright. Any suggestions/comments are welcome. Thanks! I will update the project as more progress is made

Offline Surge

• Doctor of Systems old and new.
  • Registered BST
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Dr.Surge - PsP Repair Technician
Re: PS3 Slim with Wii slot light
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 03:37:51 AM »
or you could try an easier and more simple method by running a strand of El Wire around the inner edge of the slot, would have a much smoother effect.

Don't forget to send me pics when ur done, cause I am interested in how this will look too. I am usually just a conceptual modder, that does the mod only when others give some feedback too. :P

I know some German dude put some in his PSP and outlined the edges through the case, Looked nice. Could try a tron style maybe! :w00t:  :psp:
His Video:
Apfelrockers green EL-Wire mod  (PSP)

:#1: :#1: :#1:
A cool Idea is to have ur Game Nickname Signature written cursively in El-Wire under the top shell of the original PS3, or a clear/transparent case Slim. :#1: :#1: :#1:

El-Wire site:  :cool:
http://www.livewireent.com/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 02:36:57 PM by Surge »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal