Author Topic: One very displeased customer...  (Read 1766 times)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
One very displeased customer...
« on: October 18, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »
OK so I have 3 or 4 personal 360 consoles laying around my house (don't ask why, but I feel like every room with a tv should have it's own 360, I'm weird like that), and I like to register my stuff with the company that makes it. however when you have multiple consoles it can be difficult to remember which ones you have registered and which ones you haven't.

Now on the xbox site there used to be a page where i could check the consoles that I had registered to my account. For some reason it is no longer there. so I sent an email to xbox support asking where I could find this page or how I could access a list of the consoles which I have registered.

Here is the reply I recieved:

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft online support for Xbox! I am John and I will be helping you today with this issue.

As I understand it, you want to know the webpage to see the list of console that has been registered with Microsoft. 

I'm sorry that there is no webpage that you can see the list of console registered to us or we can't give you the list of registered console.  It is confidential and cannot be share to other customers.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number XXXXXXXXXX so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

John
Microsoft XBOX Support Service

Now, I don't know about you, but to me this answer is very unsatisfactory...

So here is my response to "John":

John,

There used to be a page on the Xbox site, somewhere in my account information I believe, where I could see a list of the consoles that I own and which I have registered with Microsoft. I know the page previously existed because I used it multiple times previously. I understand that the registration is confidential, but is it really so confidential that I cannot see my own registrations? Should it not be confidential between Microsoft and the consumer who owns said consoles? I'm not asking for a list of consoles registered by others, I just want to see which ones that I have personally registered. What if I should sell one of my consoles? How am I to know if it has been registered, or not, so that I may transfer said registration to the new owner?

I have multiple Xbox 360s (4 currently, and possibly more now that the 360s has been released) in my household and am not sure which ones have been registered and which ones have not. I would like to register all the consoles that I own but do not want to waste my time trying to register consoles with which I have already done so. All I am asking for is a way to know which of my consoles has previously been registered.

I really do not want something so simple to be what convinces me to no longer purchase products and services from Microsoft.

Without the best regards from a currently very displeased customer,
James F

just thought I'd share my experience with my favorite online community, don't worry I'll keep this updated ;)

Oh, and one last thing... I find it interesting that the letter composition is by the book (it looks like the format was literally taken from a book) but the tenses and pluralities are all screwed up. reading that email felt like calling outsourced tech help hotlines... I'm guessing John's primary language is not English...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: One very displeased customer...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »
never enjoyed talking to customer reps  there's so many times i gotta call my cell phone company or xbox and nothing i hate more is then people who cannot speak fluent English talking to me on the other line there's days were i gotta call 3 - 4 times before i get  the right person that i can understand

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:46:55 PM »
If it's a phone call I just keep asking for their supervisor, eventually you get someone who fluently speaks English, or at least speaks it well enough that I can effectively communicate with them.

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 08:49:04 PM »
last week i called my cell company when i asked for  sup(unsolved problem) she told me they were busy and she will get them to call me back. never got the call back and shorty after her telling me that she hung up

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »
last week i called my cell company when i asked for  sup(unsolved problem) she told me they were busy and she will get them to call me back. never got the call back and shorty after her telling me that she hung up

lol, I just tell them that its fine and I'll hold the line til they're available.

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
lol, i hate calling support last time i did they all spoke good English i was lucky

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:49 PM »
lol, I just tell them that its fine and I'll hold the line til they're available.
i did  i held for 20 misn till she told me they would call back and they never did

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
So I got a response from customer service and will post it later this evening when I get home and can do so from my PC (too hard to do from my iPhone)...

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »
Wonderful dreams :D

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »
lol next time anyone is on customer support they must now shout shibboleet down the phone

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »
LMAO! Shibboleet will be the first thing I say to the rep when I talk to them... oh yeah, btw the response email i got from customer service told me to call the hotline cause for some unknown reason the online tech support doesn't have account access but the hotline does... what sense does that make?

anyway, here's the email...

Hello James,

This is Errol, with Microsoft XBOX Support services.

I understand that you are unable to see your console's registration online.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

To properly assist you with this concern, please give us a call and let our phone support team assist you accordingly. Email support does not have access to your account. Our phone support team will assist you with this concern.

You may contact Xbox Customer Service for US and Canada by calling 1-800-469-9269 at your earliest convenience, and we'll be happy to help you. We are open everyday from 6am to 10pm US Pacific Time.

For international customers, please contact Xbox Customer Service in your local region. (To find the correct Customer Service number for your region first use this link http://www.xbox.com/en-US/ChangeLocale.htm to select the appropriate country and then use the contact number found under the support menu). You may also choose to call international assistance (direct dial to the US) by dialing 425-635-7180.

To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number XXXXXXXXXX when you call.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Best Regards,

Errol
Microsoft XBOX Support Services
http://support.microsoft.com/

Apparently logic, my 'business voice', and threats of losing a single customer who buys this much product returns results from supervisors... lol, too bad they're still helpless at the online support services office...

edit:

too bad for M$ that I buy all my consoles second hand... but what they don't know won't hurt right?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:10:48 PM by jrfhoutx »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal