Author Topic: USB Serial Rapid Fire User Interface Ideas :)  (Read 20482 times)

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
Re: USB Serial Rapid Fire User Interface Ideas :)
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 12:20:33 PM »
well its the same as with hazers final rf mod (look it up) but basicly the mode indicator instead of just flashing one of the player leds is a red led and a green led in the home button, so to show what mode you are in the pic lights up the red led , the green led or both this lights the dome in red green or amber, with this system you can easily see what mode you are in at a glance

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 12:41:19 PM »
this looks great hyper. you have come along way and hav impressed the powers that be here at acidmods. Please keep up the great work, and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »
alll i have to say is wow.....

i havnt really bin following any projects on here recently as im still touring europe .... back in 3 weeks....

but wow hyper this is a wicked looking set up.... cant wait to test it out

something like this will need full tuts and testing ..... so hit me up once im home if u need a hand with anyting

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
ok some info you guys should know...
- this wont be finished for a while yet. i was going to finish it in my half term holiday but i was dragged to weymouth for the week by my parents :( so now im busy with school again but im getting there :) so far i have the rapid fire code done except for the quickscope mode(which i might skip out) and i am yet to mash the rf and my serial routines tegether but tht should be easy.
- if using a traditional serial port you will need a rs232 to 3.3V ttl level converter. although any usb 3.3v ttl serial cable should work but i will be using a cable like this
 http://www.uchobby.com/index.php/2009/10/04/diy-usb-to-serial-cable-for-3/
- aswell as the cable you will need...
   - a 12f683
   - a 3mm red led
   - a 3mm green led
   - a stereo jack and socket or other 3 way connector
   - a tact switch
   - and all of the usual wire solder and resistors etc

i will probs make a thread in rnd when i get closer to completion for more advanced modders to test and so we can work out tuts and stuff

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:56 AM »
wow man this looks very good!! you already know if you need someone to test the code and the programm i will be here man!!

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 10:56:28 AM »
ok some info you guys should know...
- this wont be finished for a while yet. i was going to finish it in my half term holiday but i was dragged to weymouth for the week by my parents :( so now im busy with school again but im getting there :) so far i have the rapid fire code done except for the quickscope mode(which i might skip out) and i am yet to mash the rf and my serial routines tegether but tht should be easy.
- if using a traditional serial port you will need a rs232 to 3.3V ttl level converter. although any usb 3.3v ttl serial cable should work but i will be using a cable like this
 http://www.uchobby.com/index.php/2009/10/04/diy-usb-to-serial-cable-for-3/
- aswell as the cable you will need...
   - a 12f683
   - a 3mm red led
   - a 3mm green led
   - a stereo jack and socket or other 3 way connector
   - a tact switch
   - and all of the usual wire solder and resistors etc

i will probs make a thread in rnd when i get closer to completion for more advanced modders to test and so we can work out tuts and stuff

sounds good. I will just have to get the cable.

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 11:45:14 AM »
I'm up for abit of testing :) be my first real mod lol

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2010, 12:49:32 AM »
maybe a dropshot mod also?? what do you think guys??

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 01:00:56 AM »
Pointless and not possible as there is not enough pins

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 06:49:50 AM »
Pointless and not possible as there is not enough pins

ok i didnt know it lol

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »
a far better option is to simply put a tact on the underside of the controller and hook it up to B :)

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 11:50:17 AM »
a far better option is to simply put a tact on the underside of the controller and hook it up to B :)

and R. put the b and ron the same pin or hole in the botton and the ground to the other pin/hole. when you press the tactile you dropshoot

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 07:38:02 PM »
i dont think that would work as on a matrix controller that would just press brtt and on a cg controleeeeerr that would only rpess b i think

no, i think you have to solder it to the top R trigger

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »
Program the chip first with all possible combination modes. Assign each mode's rapid fire signal with a variable so you can customize the duty cycle and pulse rate.

use an I/O pin as a manual programming input....

say pin 5 on the chip is the rapid fire signal out...
lets also say pin 3 is the "programming pin"

What you will have to do is program the pic to search for a sequence of data to pin 3 at a certain speed like 35KHz....

The 3rd pin is going to then be programmed to look for a 8 bit sequence of numbers....

1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 ( --_ _ -- _ _ -- -- ) Where each 1 and 0 is a pulse of that 35KHz clock.

You will have to assign your PIC to have an array of data that you are able to re assign variables of your duty cycle or speed etc...

In VB.NET i belive you can send data along a printer port sequentially at a certain speed IDK search and read on msdn.microsoft.com (MSDN is a lifesaver)

So your application will have form values that generate that 8 bit sequence of data that gets sent to your printer port or whatever I/O floats your boat. The first 3 bits are "8" combinations of pre-programmed values from 1 to 8 then the next 4 to 6 bits of sequence data are going to be the other set of pre-programmed values... your pre-programmed values are your on and off duty cycles... say your array has this: 000 is 200 milliseconds ON and 001 is 80 milliseconds ON etc... then the other set array is the off time of the duty cycle. The Last two bits of data represent the mode number.

Here is an example (tl; dr):

01010101 Breaks down to this: 010 101 11

First 3 bit set is duty cycle ON
Second 3 bit set is duty cycle OFF
Last 2 bit set is Mode number.

So the application will generate the 8 bit code and send it to the PIC and the data is broken down and variables are assigned accordingly to customize the rapidfire speed etc.

I'm not telling you how to do this I'm just throwing ideas in the pot. lololol that's partly why I'm R&D

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2010, 03:47:08 AM »
and R. put the b and ron the same pin or hole in the botton and the ground to the other pin/hole. when you press the tactile you dropshoot

that wouldnt work on either matrix or cg... it wont work on matrix cos well matrix doesnt' work like that ..

and as for cg well if B and rt are on the same pin on the tact.... they are linked... so when the trigger is pulled (grounded) or b is pushed (grounded) it would also ground the other so when ur just wanting to pull the trigger or tap b u'll be doing both........
no, i think you have to solder it to the top R trigger
  and this is also incorrect.... soldering to the top of the 3 trigger pins wont do anything..... as this pin is either ground or the 1.5v analog line... its not connected to the pads main chip so wont send a signal to it to say ur pushing the button.....

however it may work with a transitor...... im not exactulaly sure on how it would work maybe fookz could answer that..... or even a diode 
to stop the signals going back up the wires and activating the button/trigger when u only want the button or trigger to work .... not when u push the tact for ur drop shot....

p.s. sorry for stealling this thread i just wanted to correct this missunderstanding....

Spurgurgle d.t com

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2010, 05:43:55 AM »
i dont think that would work as on a matrix controller that would just press brtt and on a cg controleeeeerr that would only rpess b i think
sorry i had no idea what i was talking about, i may have been slightly drunk :P

@ fookz all the coding is done and works it just needs fitting all together, its using rs232 standard comunication and the at a 9800 baud rate (35khz is far to fast for a 12f683) each mode has a set of bytes to control what it does the pc generates these bytes sends them via your usb serial port the pic then reads them and sends them back to the pc if what the pc recieves is the same as what was sent the pc sends a final byte to tell the pic that everything was recieved correctly and its ok to write all the data to eeprom, if not then it starts the whole process over again.

from the pc we will be able to change for each of the modes..
the dwell time on rt
the pulse time on rt
the dwell time on lt
the pulse time on lt
the number of burst rounds on rt
the number of burst rounds on lt
and enable disable each of the triggers and burst etc

because we have access to the dwell and pulse there is no need to tell the pic to alter the dutycycle as the pc app can do this

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2010, 11:25:54 AM »
that wouldnt work on either matrix or cg... it wont work on matrix cos well matrix doesnt' work like that ..

and as for cg well if B and rt are on the same pin on the tact.... they are linked... so when the trigger is pulled (grounded) or b is pushed (grounded) it would also ground the other so when ur just wanting to pull the trigger or tap b u'll be doing both........  and this is also incorrect.... soldering to the top of the 3 trigger pins wont do anything..... as this pin is either ground or the 1.5v analog line... its not connected to the pads main chip so wont send a signal to it to say ur pushing the button.....

however it may work with a transitor...... im not exactulaly sure on how it would work maybe fookz could answer that..... or even a diode 
to stop the signals going back up the wires and activating the button/trigger when u only want the button or trigger to work .... not when u push the tact for ur drop shot....

p.s. sorry for stealling this thread i just wanted to correct this missunderstanding....

opps lol. Im going to end that part of the conversation and get back on topic. Sorry lol.

For the duty cycle will it just be the 75% and the 25%? I never fully understood the duty cycles so this may sound like a stupid question but would we be able to customize that variable to say maybe make it like 30%?

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »
Just saw this, I've been thinking of doind something similar for the past few months.

My idea was to use code snippets (with variables) that were put together by a gui interface. The GUI interface would use dropdown boxes to let the user create their own RF code and then generate a HEX or ASM file using the snippets. The good thing about this system is that it could be expanded so easily: all code snippets could be taken from a set folder within the program, and using special keywords or phrases, you could define variables, e.g. '###RFSPEED'.

However I had not yet decided as to whether to use snippets written in Assembler, or if I should use something like C (which would probably be easier, but I'd have to include a compiler/assembler to convert the code to HEX).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 12:04:02 PM by HiddenVenom »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
@anonamous that option will not be included in the pc app however if a new game requires a different duty cycle the pc can just be updated instead of having to take the chip out and reprogram it

@hiddenvenom that would be cool but a french programmer has already done it but this sorta stuff is way beyond my pc programming knowledge, however i much prefer this way of doing it as it doesnot require taking the controller apart everytime

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »
Dutycycle is simply the difference between the dwell time and the pulse time. If Hyper codes it like he said 3 posts up, you will have full control over it.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2010, 01:19:26 AM »
@hyper you can still load the stuff for the dropdown boxes from an external file - you wouldn't have to rewire it (except in certain setups.)

What language are you using?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2010, 04:18:49 AM »
@ hiddenvenom you would have to rewire it but you would have to take the chip out of the controller everytime you want to reprogram. Im not sure if you meant this origionally but an awesome way of doing this would be if you had a bootloader on the pic and a pc app like you described so effectively the same setup as viking controllers.
But anyway im programming in visual c# but my knowledge is limited to what i need for this project

it would need a beefier pic but id be very interested in looking into this in the future
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:50:54 AM by hyper999 »

Offline falo21

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +1/-1
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »
hey hyper999 is their any new update on this project?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2010, 03:09:42 PM »
no not really my little bro broke my test controller so i need to get a new pad but have no money and i have had no time to work on it due to sixth form and girlfriend but il get it done as soon as i can especially as im keen to get using this myself :P

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2010, 05:42:38 AM »
Yeah the two main things that stop me writing articles for me its GCSEs tho lol, as soon as i get some money to buy a programmer i'll help test if ya like got pretty much all popular FPS's

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 08:39:06 AM »
question for you guys
- tap the tact to change modes or
- tap tact to turn on and off + hold tact to change modes?

Offline rafaliyo86

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
Umm maybe it could be tap to change modes and tap + hold to on or off

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 09:37:29 AM »
Umm maybe it could be tap to change modes and tap + hold to on or off

no u want the on off to be quicker then mode change... i prefer tap to turn on off and hold to change modes.... as most games u only need the one mode for it but u need to turn it off every now and then.....

Spurgurgle d.t com

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »
yeah, or if it was tap to change modes and one of the modes was off like

Mode 1 = Off
Mode 2 = Custom 1
Mode 3 = Custom 2
Mode 4 = Custom 3

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 12:37:21 PM »
yeah but which do people prefer
-tap to flick through
  *off
  *mode 1
  *mode 2
  *mode 3

or

-tap for on and off and hold for mode change?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal