Author Topic: Xbox 360 Jtag Help  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Thejld

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Xbox 360 Jtag Help
« on: December 12, 2010, 01:51:00 PM »
Well I sold this guy on craigslist my jtag.
The day aftr I sold him my jtag, he said that the xbox turns off 10 minutes after it turns on by itself. The jtag never did it to me, and he skid he wants his money back. I ssaid if it keeps on doing it I would giv him the money back, but my question is, what doy ou think the problem is? The jtag never did it to me that I remember it might have but maybe once, but I don't remember it doing it everytime like the guy said so. Do you all know what the problem might be? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: Xbox 360 Jtag Help
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »
if its the xbox fully turning off id say either your soldering is short circuiting the board or if it exactly ten mins over heating sometimes my xbox did that if it was over heating to save the xbox but im no expert like crazy modder

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 02:32:45 PM »
Its most likely caused by overheating. If it was a short circuit, the xbox would turn on then off right away and the powerbrick would have a red light.  Im not sure if you did an led mod on the RF board, but if it overheats then shuts off the RF board will show 2 red lights.  If you have an led mod without the error lights, then its not gonna show a secondary error.

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »
thanks for that mate i as going to do the rf board led mod is it safe as you made out it isnt can you help me out here mate and what leds do i need for the rf board 0603?

Offline Thejld

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
Well I honestly don't know what's happening. I think this guy is messing around with me. He said oh this thing turns off 10 minutes into me playing it . 3 minutes later he says oh my bad i was putting something over the top of the fan or something like that. THen he says again oh it turns off blah blah blah,. I think hes just frustrated that he doesn't know how to put games on it or just regrets buying the jtag.

Post Merge: December 12, 2010, 04:35:21 PM
Then he said something like im gna replace the flash to see if that fixes it. I have no idea what the heck he is talking bout there. THen i say if that screws up the xbox i will not refund ur money. Then he says I wont do that then. SO i said to him if the system turns on by friday, u can have ur money back. If it doesnt and its fine, he said he'll keep it. Any advice on what I should do next, ask for the xbox sooner or what.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:35:21 PM by Thejld »

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
I would ask for a video of the xbox doing this  as proof.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 06:19:42 PM »
Yeah, i sold a jtag to some kid that thought it was going to be easy to figure out and he was trying to make up all sorts of stuff to get his money back.  I ended up just teamviewing with him and showing him everything.  I would recommend either teamviewing or do what Lax said and get a video.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:17 PM »
Yeah, i sold a jtag to some kid that thought it was going to be easy to figure out and he was trying to make up all sorts of stuff to get his money back.  I ended up just teamviewing with him and showing him everything.  I would recommend either teamviewing or do what Lax said and get a video.
send me a jtag for christmas crazy :3 this kid would appreciate it :laughing:

Offline Thejld

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 08:16:30 PM »
Im probably gna ask for a video and if he can't do that, skype him or something like that. Do you think this is a good idea. And crazy, if it is overheating or red ringing , with it show any signs before it turned off like 2 red rings or something, b/c like he was saying it is just randomly shutting off.

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 11:05:33 PM »
(noob alert)  I keep seeing JTAG getting thrown around and was curious what a JTAG box is used for.  I have a mild understanding of JTAG when it comes to programming from it being mentioned in my embedded systems course but not enough to have the full picture.  Im sure I could google / youtube it but i figured id just post since i trust this site more then others haha.

Xbox 360 gamertag: EMERGENCY DODO
PS3 gamertag: Emergency_Dodo

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 02:37:14 AM »
1 hack the games to see whats inside the firmware likes maps etc 2
make your own games with the jtag like 10th perstige fithteen th etc
also make it an emulator to play snes games etc play games of the drive without a game in the xbox etc etc if you want to buy this online every jtag gets banned after 6 hours of play give or take crazy can you confirm mate

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 04:45:41 AM »
yes, Jtags do get banned within a 4-6 hour time frame. You can unban them by flashing a new keyvault to them.  Tell that kid to look at the powerbrick when it turns off and see if the light turns red. Also tell him to check if 2 red lights are flashing.

Offline Thejld

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 07:22:09 AM »
 Well I got more detail, he said the jtag sscreen turns black and then reboots. Got any idea what this is?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:59:34 PM by laxboy »

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 12:19:07 PM »
has he tried to edit the dash on it or anything? also does it do it exactly 10 mins or when he tries to boot up a game etc could be a corrupted file or dash anything like that might cause some kind of fault maybe hes tried to edit something you installed right and messed it up crazy any ideas ?

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
There should still be some sort of red error lights coming on. Did he say if there is any error lights?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal