Author Topic: Sony NGP (PSP2) is announced!  (Read 8548 times)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
Sony NGP (PSP2) is announced!
« on: January 27, 2011, 11:01:40 AM »
We've heard the rumors, the speculation and the down right stupid about what the next generation of Sony portable gaming will have to offer. Well after waiting all this time, Sony have announced the NGP.

Sony haven't messed about this time and have come up with a portable console designed not just for simple gaming, but a device that can completely take  day to day reality away from you and replace it with a ADD like fixation. helped mostly with multi touch pads, Dual analogs (About bloody time!) and a 5" OLED screen.

Here's the link to the report.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/26/introducing-the-next-generation-of-portable-gaming/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Jack_NGP_012611

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:03:19 AM by ApheX »

techninjadude

Re: Sony NGP (PSP2) is announced!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
Its touch Screen, which means Yes to making and DSI EMULATOR.

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 01:12:13 PM »
yes to making 3ds emulator (it has lower specs) it can be emulated with glasses for 3d!  :tup:
ps2 emulator
maybe even xbox emulation
wii emulation using its motion sensing and touch screen abilities
iphone/itouch emulation
psp homebrew capabilities so we can use all the already created emulators.
game cube emulation
dream cast emulation

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 01:48:22 PM »
yes to making 3ds emulator (it has lower specs) it can be emulated with glasses for 3d!  :tup:
ps2 emulator
maybe even xbox emulation
wii emulation using its motion sensing and touch screen abilities
iphone/itouch emulation
psp homebrew capabilities so we can use all the already created emulators.
game cube emulation
dream cast emulation

game cube emulation
dream cast emulation
wii emulation

think thats a no no since wii needs a wiimote to even work dreamcase es but not any good games to even want anyone to code a emu gamecude could since there was some good game on it but they can just about get it on full speed on pc wounder what it would look like on the psp2.
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »
been tried on psp looked cool but was not released as it was slow. needed to much processing power would be awsome on the psp2.

Post Merge: January 29, 2011, 03:13:10 PM
game cube would be nice.
wii I think the controls could be adapted or maybe the front cam can be used to track body motion. change in size of objects would be used for the z axis.

Post Merge: January 29, 2011, 03:16:07 PM
I dont really care if its just about full speed on computer kind the same as if I had the console.

I think it would be awsome portable. XD
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:16:07 PM by galaxy3arth »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 03:46:46 PM »
I highly doubt that most of those emulators you listed will be available for the NGP, I'm thinking maybe the portable after this. And who said there will be a way to enable homebrew capabilities, I'm sure sony is gonna lock this baby up as hard as they can. And they have a whole year to do it. And just because something has lower specs than something doesn't mean that you will be able to emulate it properly, if they do make those, i'd expect major speed problems. They can barely emulate n64 on PSP.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:49:17 PM by nEoVaLoR »

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 05:23:13 PM »
they already have said it will be able to play psp games therefore at least those will use the kirk keys. so we can just sign our hombrew and so on. it will be easy we just sign the emulators too.

Post Merge: January 29, 2011, 05:24:41 PM
and as far as processing power it could emulate all of these.
the only one that might be a stretch would be the xbox but again from processing power I think it is feasible
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:24:41 PM by galaxy3arth »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
they already have said it will be able to play psp games therefore at least those will use the kirk keys. so we can just sign our hombrew and so on. it will be easy we just sign the emulators too.

Post Merge: January 29, 2011, 05:24:41 PM
and as far as processing power it could emulate all of these.
the only one that might be a stretch would be the xbox but again from processing power I think it is feasible
I'm not sure it's that easy... But we will see. It would be really nice if we saw all of these.

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
your right it wont be easy ,because any form of emulation uses more processing power than the console/device itsself would have used ( for instance the n64 emulator)
from straight processing power should have been no prob. ,but  it has to change it to psp format makes it slow.

techninjadude

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:34:32 AM »
Talk about wii Emulation. It has blutooth so we can conect the controllers to it. or use the motion sensor and stuff. It has a 4 core processor. But DONT WORRY ABOUT EMULATION. HOW THE HELL ARE WE GONNA RUN HOMEBREW. Lol. If it took ages to hack the ps3, how long will it take to hack The NGP

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
not long it already is going to run psp games through the playstation store. and since as far as the psp games go they still use the kirk keys which we now have.
so if we sign or homebrew it will work on the psp2.
 instant homebrew no hacks needed

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 11:30:14 AM »
Homebrew should still make it onto this console. Remember that the NGP is running android, all be it Sony certificated. But emulators will defiantly be available. If a HTC android phone can run a PS1, Snes, Nes, Mega Drive Emu's and have a store to buy or get a free lite version, then sony will too.

In regards to other homebrew, look at it this way. Sony have never created a game console, portable or otherwise running on android OS before. They are bound to miss somekind of security or bug that can be exploited for hacking. It's only a matter of time :)

At the moment i just want to see the insides of this console. Just to see what mods can be added. LED triggers are a no brain-er but speaker mods, battery mods, led strips look pretty improbable. I bet every bit of inner space has been used up to create this monster.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:32:16 AM by ApheX »

techninjadude

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »
Homebrew should still make it onto this console. Remember that the NGP is running android, all be it Sony certificated. But emulators will defiantly be available. If a HTC android phone can run a PS1, Snes, Nes, Mega Drive Emu's and have a store to buy or get a free lite version, then sony will too.

In regards to other homebrew, look at it this way. Sony have never created a game console, portable or otherwise running on android OS before. They are bound to miss somekind of security or bug that can be exploited for hacking. It's only a matter of time :)

At the moment i just want to see the insides of this console. Just to see what mods can be added. LED triggers are a no brain-er but speaker mods, battery mods, led strips look pretty improbable. I bet every bit of inner space has been used up to create this monster.
It's not running android, it has it's own os.

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
actually it will be able to run android apps despite the fact that it is not on an android OS.
that's what the Sony suite thing is. its a two way partner ship between Sony and Google.
therefore it doesn't matter Sony is now at least partially open source.

Post Merge: January 31, 2011, 02:16:36 PM
that article you posted is sadly misinformed.
don't just research for your point look at all the information you can find before posting
 the OS it will be running is still game system based though more akin to computers, which makes it easier to dev for. still easy homebrew.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:18:23 PM by galaxy3arth »

techninjadude

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
yeah.. but its the truth, i thought ur mistakened for the phone

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 02:08:59 PM »
actually it will be able to run android apps despite the fact that it is not on an android OS.
that's what the Sony suite thing is. its a two way partner ship between Sony and Google.
therefore it doesn't matter Sony is now at least partially open source.

Post Merge: January 31, 2011, 08:16:36 AM
that article you posted is sadly misinformed.
don't just research for your point look at all the information you can find before posting
 the OS it will be running is still game system based though more akin to computers, which makes it easier to dev for. still easy homebrew.

I just re-looked at the link. Quite right, it will run android based Sony certificated programs, not an android OS. My misake. I still have hopes that this console will be unlocked for homebrew though. Plus android or not, I'm still gonna mod the thing :)

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 08:22:19 AM »
as I said it will run psp games which all have the same kirk keys so we can just use the homebrew signer to make the homebrew work.
instant homebrew!!

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:43:55 AM »
as I said it will run psp games which all have the same kirk keys so we can just use the homebrew signer to make the homebrew work.
instant homebrew!!
I'm sure that sony will change something about this.... I have no idea if they can or not, but It does not make any sense to me that they would risk instant homebrew on their  console by having the same kirk keys..

techninjadude

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 10:14:05 AM »
and dont forget sony is a rich company there not dumb.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 11:19:26 AM »
and dont forget sony is a rich company there not dumb.
Ya that's what i'm saying, something is gonna change, it just doesn't seem right that they would let their next gen handheld allow unsigned code so fast. I think they have something up their sleeve.

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:29 PM »
well from the sounds of it they will be releasing a whole new firmware for this thing. and with any new firme=ware there will be bugs just like there was on the original psp 1000's. and slowly but surly im sure that hacks will be developed.

And also i dont think sony would go through all the trouble of remaking the kirk key's for the psp games.
Actually it would be simpler just to create a program that would override any hack that we try and activate upon booting the game/homebrew/emulator.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 08:43:29 AM »
the reason I say this is because all the psp games use the kirk keys and so it is an overwhelming task to change them all. they also cant change  the encryption keys or kirk keys ,because the psn store will still have to support the psp. the most intellegent solution for sony is to use a program to make the already made eboots compatible with the new firmware.
that would also eliminate any bugs that would exist.
essentially psp emulation.
any and every thing that the psp runs unhacked would work.
emulators would be coded for the actual NGP format  to alow for efficiency ,though the emulators for the psp would also work.
sony is not worried about anything even related to the psp or how we get the psp stuff to work on the NGP. they are going to be worried about protecting the newer software ,and the commercial games.
this being said the program that allows the NGP to run psp games will more than likly lock the full capabilities of the hardware that is used by the NGP games.
they will also probably lock any information about the NGPs OS or any thing having to do with it
if you notice sony is now making games themselves.
this is to prevent game exploits like what we used on the psp.

the best way in to get the NGP hacked would be to go through its interaction with android and its ability to run psp games.

these are both very well known now.
instant hack.  :yess:

techninjadude

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
Dnt forget about what just happened to the ps3.

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »
the new update? I dont know what that does.

techninjadude

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
yeah. sony can run software to search u console for homebrew once u conect to internet abit like xbox ban wave thing

Offline galaxy3arth

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • ninja
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »
well I geuss you just have to be careful. just spoof whatever lable they use to ban you

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 09:15:16 PM »
couldn't you code a program (like a prx file) that could use the PS3's security as an anti spyware type thing?
 i know it would be possible and possibly really easy if you have Linux running on your ps3 and it could be done on the NGP too if you had a psp suite signed program that accessed the flash of the NGP.

There's always a flaw you just have to look for it and guaranteed that within a year of the initial launch of the NGP someone will have found the flaw and will have released or be working on a program to access that flaw (like the pandora or HEN)

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

techninjadude

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
I have a massive Idea, but its stupid because I am ignorant and I cant be bother to attempt it.
Make some sort of software, that when It detects upload, of console information, it sends a fake one, that way
ps3 and xbox consoles will never be banned again. Thats the Beauty of knowledge.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
I have a massive Idea, but its stupid because I am ignorant and I cant be bother to attempt it.
Make some sort of software, that when It detects upload, of console information, it sends a fake one, that way
ps3 and xbox consoles will never be banned again. Thats the Beauty of knowledge.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal