Author Topic: multiple memory sticks?  (Read 1535 times)

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
multiple memory sticks?
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:09:14 PM »
hi everybody i was wondering is there any way to use more than 1 memory stick at a time in a psp 1000? i have removed the umd drive for mods so space isnt a issue.
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Re: multiple memory sticks?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:36:20 PM »
simple answer: no, not with MSPDs.

complex answer: yes, but not with Memory Stick Pro Duos, you would need a SDHC to MSPD adapter (the most common being the PhotoFast CR-3100, if you can even find them anymore...) and then the limit is 64GB (with modification to the CR-3100, I believe)...

Here is the tutorial for replacing your UMD drive with a CR-3100, should you decide to do so...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:44:53 PM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:39:42 PM »
hmm well i dont think im going to be able to get the photofast, i know im going to do a ring of light mod but what is something great i can do with the extra space i got from my umd drive?
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline hugo999999

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:28:44 AM »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 01:02:31 AM »
notice how the pictures are all gone, he doesn't have any backups of the pics, and then the PSP was sold, then he says "AcidModz is a childs website for what I can accomplish", then says 0603s are tough to solder, and then on top of that he's still the only one to have done it, but "it works!"? that's cause it's bull:censored:, people here have tried it and it doesn't work. the system will not read two separate memory sticks as one regardless of how you wire it... separate file structures and contents will not be read as one unit, period.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:03:00 AM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 01:21:13 PM »
notice how the pictures are all gone, he doesn't have any backups of the pics, and then the PSP was sold, then he says "AcidModz is a childs website for what I can accomplish", then says 0603s are tough to solder, and then on top of that he's still the only one to have done it, but "it works!"? that's cause it's bull:censored:, people here have tried it and it doesn't work. the system will not read two separate memory sticks as one regardless of how you wire it... separate file structures and contents will not be read as one unit, period.

Why is that would'nt it be the same concept as the photofast CR-5300? (i think thats the model... you know? the one with dual Micro SD's?) The only reason i can figure is that there is a chip on the card adapter that nulls the memory cards ID chip. but thats assuming that the pro duo's have an ID chip in them.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »
jrfhoutx is right, multiple card adapters like the ones that use two micro sd's work differntly, they have small chips inside them that (i am assuming) allows it so that one card gets filled up and then the second card gets used as storage, still allowing the contents of the first card to be viewed/accessed.

im not entirely sure, but thats my guess.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal