Author Topic: not sure if this is the place to post... pocket pc?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
not sure if this is the place to post... pocket pc?
« on: April 19, 2011, 07:59:07 PM »
so i have a palm zire 31, it has 16mb of ram (as far as i know), and i took it apart to see about upgrading it, but then i noticed that there were two ram chips under the screen, one was for the internal memory (14mb) and one was the ram, unfortunately, even though they are different chips, i dont know which one does what.

there is a standard SDRAM chip (visible legs, Samsung), and a smaller SDRAM chip (BGA, MX), does anyone know which one would be which? im looking to upgrade the ram to 64mb.
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
Re: not sure if this is the place to post... pocket pc?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
Pictures always help, plus you could try reading the motherboard (or w/e they're connected to) and see if you could find somewhere that says RAM or other leading info.

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:03:35 PM »
Completely off-topic, but what do you use this thing for? 16MB of RAM is insanely small, and I'm not sure if the OS it's using would even recognize the new chips, rendering it useless.

Buy an Android device? :P

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »

Buy an Android device? :P
or an Apple device lol
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:31:19 PM by sammy »

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Ennon

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:24:40 AM »
or an Apple device lol

*sharpens machete*

:P

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 11:42:35 PM »
haha well i was using it to emulate older consoles like the nintendo systems, but when i was trying to unsolder a BGA ram chip i ended up pulling a few pads off the board ans then a few more when i frantically tried to put the chip back, soon im going to get a tungsten t which has several advantages over the zire, including bluetooth, maybe someone here knows enough palm OS coding to help me learn to write apps?
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal