Author Topic: How to make a FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Reservoir  (Read 8002 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
How to make a FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Reservoir
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
I am rebuilding my pc soon with a new watercooling setup and i saw those FrozenQ pc reservoirs. They look super cool but the price is OUTRAGEOUS!!
They want $105-$120 for one of these reservoirs. I will be showing you today on how to make your own for a total cost of about $30-$35 depending on where you get your parts, either way it will be hell of alot cheaper to make it yourself then to spend a ton on buying one. The only difference between the one i am making and the actual FrozenQ model is the cnc machined end caps. I obviously dont have a cnc machine so i will be using pvc end caps that will work the exact same and look just as good with a nice paint job.

$$$THIS IS WHAT I AM SHOWING YOU HOW TO MAKE$$$
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_318_708&products_id=29882

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

**PARTS**

-2"OD clear acrylic tube http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370485068408&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

-1/2" Fluorescent acrylic "rod"

-Pvc end caps

-cold cathode light (any color works)

-acrylic sealer or some sort of good plastic weld to seal the end caps and wire for the cathode

-1/2" dowel rod to wrap the acrylic rod around

-Gloves (acrylic rods will be extremely HOT)

STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350F

STEP 2: Cut your acrylic rod to length (depends on the size of reservoir your making)

STEP 3: Put 2 pieces of your acrylic rod in the oven for 5 minutes ( this allows it to get soft so you can wrap it)

STEP 4: Make sure you have your gloves on, take your dowel rod and start to wrap the acrylic rods around it

STEP 5: Hold both acrylic rods on the dowel rod until they are cool.

STEP 6: Take your cathode light and run it through the center of the acrylic rods

STEP 7: Put the acrylic rods and cathode in your clear acrylic tube

STEP 8: Drill and tap your pvc end caps with the size thread fitting your going to use (g1/4) is most common. You will need one drain hole, one fill, and one recirc hole.

STEP 9: Now take your pvc end caps add some type of sealer on the inside of them

STEP 10: Slide your end caps on the ends of your tube, give it a couple hours to dry for a proper seal

STEP 11: Screw in your fittings, make sure to use a sealer or teflon tape on your threads.

STEP 12: INSTALL!!!!

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 09:54:49 AM by crazy-modder »

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
Re: How to make a FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 05:54:44 AM »
That looks sweet, and i got $20 on someone making a starwars reference. Well done, just shows how you can make the same product for like $90 less

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
Thanks man, yeah there are so many products out there that are WAY overpriced. If you find out the supplies and have a little know how then you can easily make just about anything you want. This is turning out way better than i expected. The reservoir im making is gonna be smaller than the one in the picture. Thats a 12" cathode in the picture, i had to order an 8" cathode last night for it.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »
Modified for end results

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »
Is that In a PC?  :rofl: :rofl: yet posted in 360?  :rofl: :rofl: .LOOKS AWSOME thou, still a very good mod, and Gotta love the blue leds  :hifive:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:54:54 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 12:55:58 PM »
Ahahahah omg that is so hilarious omfg so funny!!!! omg hahahah hilarious ahahhah im gonna die im laughing so freakin hard.................

Yeah i was building it for a 360 but decided to put in in my pc. btw THAT IS SO HILARIOUS  :dntknw:

Offline NicxCustoms

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Repairs<3CustomWork<3Jtags & much more!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »
nice tut :#1: One of the best ones I have seen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal