Author Topic: Anybody has seen this PCB?  (Read 2310 times)

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
Anybody has seen this PCB?
« on: May 18, 2011, 02:15:21 PM »

Now try to install a RapiFire Code in this and I found this PCB, try the classic installer Hazera for Matrix and CG but none worked, if someone could do something with this that might help a little, and that in matters electronics'm a rookie.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:15:56 PM by sQs »

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
Re: Anybody has seen this PCB?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »
cant decide if its a knock off or if someone's just attacked it....

does this controller work?

if so what voltage do you get from the two usual power points?

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
to me it looks like a matrix it has all the tell tail matrix signs... but it also looks like a knock off .. look how the rumbles are mounted...

i had a batch of cheap jap knock off that looked like this ( well similar...) they were matrix but rf didnt work on them it did al sorts of crazy thing whe nu tunr the rf on...

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »
This is a knock off chinese controller. I got one of these in a batch of controllers i bought awhile back. The tacts that are used for the bumpers are stiff and loud as hell when you press them. And the joysticks are garbage, they are super sensitive and don't last long at all. But other than that, the pcb works the exact same. Just swap out the bumper tacts and joysticks for real ones.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »
Direct soldered rumbles is a dead giveaway for a knockoff... As well as the lack of carbon covering button contacts...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »
I just did a quick comparison of this PCB with the original PCB. The traces are still the same. Actually, they are better than 95% identical (I found one extra cap on the power line). The PCB fab is definately different. MS uses that grid pattern for the ground plane where this thing uses filled ground plane. The vias are all the same.

As mentioned before, its gotta be a knock off. I wonder if they spent the time to copy the original layout, or somehow scanned the original to make the PCB negative?

I am real curious about the voltage levels. If the power points are still active, the triggers should still works the same way and hence RF should work.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 05:33:02 PM »
I commented a little bit of the PCB.

He is originally from China but we all know that most of the controls to 360 are from China, the PCB actually looks pretty good (the truth) and very good quality, contacts for the buttons (such as A, B, X, Y) have a kind of chrome top.

When installing the RapidFire basing on GameplayRF Hazer Matrix Nothing works at all, but when I install basing on GameplayRF CG/CG2 and pressing the right tactile to start shooting touch just as if you were pressing the right trigger and started to move the looks right at very short pauses, as would happen if I pressed the left tactile button.

I think the problem may be the source of energy, but as I comment, I am very novice in electronics.

Will MS now planning to use this PCB?

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 10:55:11 PM »
I bought a bunch of these a while ago thinking i was getting a deal, opened them up and found this board in all of them. The analog sticks are barely usable, i replaced them with m$ alps ones and they were still just as bad which i dont understand. i didnt try to install rapidfire since you cant aim properly anyway. do you have problems with the analog sticks?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal