Author Topic: Has Lulzsec bitten off more than they can chew?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Has Lulzsec bitten off more than they can chew?
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
A refreshing breath of fresh air! The organization known as “LulzSec” didn’t mess with Sony today. However they may have bitten off more than they can chew. It appeared that the organizations main website had been seized by the federal government. The message “this domain name has been seized by ICE (Immigrations and Customs Enforcement) - Homeland Security Investigations, was plastered over the site. However in the end it turned out to be a prank. To add insult to injury the banner was swiped from the homeland security server, although the responsible party hasn’t been identified as a member of lulzsec or someone who wants to make the group look bad.

“Earlier this week it reportedly hacked into the Web site of the Conservative Party in Canada and posted a fake story with the headline: "Prime Minister Rushed to Hospital After Breakfast Incident." The news was then distributed by several Conservative MPs whose Twitter accounts automatically retweet headlines from the party's Web site, according to TorontoLife.com.” –cNet

Lulsec doesn’t only delight in torturing Sony, they take pride in messing with security firms, including but not limited to Black & Berg Cyber Security Consulting. The security firm offered $10,000 USD to anyone that could alter the company’s home page. The group succeeded and turned down the reward. Following that an attack commenced on Infragard a partner of the FBI.

So what do you think Acid Mods? Has Lulzsec bitten off more than they can chew by targeting multiple FBI partners and trying to blackmail some of them? Or are they just ballsy because they are 'untouchable'?

-TwisTtheTwiTcH

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
Re: Has Lulzsec bitten off more than they can chew?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 11:19:19 AM »
im going with the untouchable factor...

a group like that will never die, someone somewhere will still be a member... even if people are caught... it will live on. the only thing i could see happening is if the name is changed and it is acted to be a different party.

Truth be told, i bet that most of the upper echelon hackers are within all of the upper groups and have multiple aliases and work for every group.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
im going with the untouchable factor...

a group like that will never die, someone somewhere will still be a member... even if people are caught... it will live on. the only thing i could see happening is if the name is changed and it is acted to be a different party.

Truth be told, i bet that most of the upper echelon hackers are within all of the upper groups and have multiple aliases and work for every group.

i couldn't agree more.

wouldn't it be nice if we had these gentlemen working for corporations ;)

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
I wonder if Anonymous will have anything to say about the disruptions this group is causing... food for thought?

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal