Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
  • Computer, Electrical, and Network Engineering Stud
Hi
« on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:06 AM »
Hello. I am a student of electrical, computer, and network engineering. I work at Best Buy selling computers, and eventually geek squad hopefully. I also work at my local Boy Scout Shop selling uniforms and camping gear and knives and such.

I'm good for some random advice sometimes, other than that i can do some fairly basic circuits so far with the Electrical, I'm very good with computers and have a working (haven't started that part yet) knowledge of networking so far. I also know a fair bit of java im in VB class right now (no literally, my teacher never walks around the room)

I would like to learn C or C# but im not very good at being self taught so that'll have to be a class over in computer information systems at some point later

I also have some familiarity with PLCs and programming, in fact i have one in my car waiting for a project)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 05:15:30 AM by koolone0 »
Stolen from f00kz

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 05:50:42 AM »
welcome to acidmods Koolone0. I hope we can in some way help you on your studies, or possibly you can help us develop some killer mods.

regardless enjoy your stay, there are some good members here and we make up a friendly community.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
I'm not alone now. sweet.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:42:35 AM »
oh? do my studies fall along the same lines as yours?

i will be focusing mainly on the computer and network engineering (the electrical engineering major at my community college is only like four classes different from the computer engineering) but now that I've had a taste of electronics they are definitely cool and I'll probably be making a lot of my own devices to do random little things

so far i've had classes in AC and DC circuitry and im in electronic device and digital communications. so right now im doing digital circuit basics and stuff like transitors and  ICs and diodes and .....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:44:24 AM by koolone0 »
Stolen from f00kz

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »
Welcome to acidmods  u'll mostly see me in the shout box  rambling on bout something or discussing potential  ideas I have thought up

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »
I've taken courses to run cable in homes and installing home security systems. I wanted to take a network/home security class just so could get a good job at PP&L electric as an electrician/installer. We are allowed service PLCs at pump stations or factories but mainly to service it's power lines controlled by PLC systems. So thats kinda why our studies are a bit similar.

Been through DC, AC, digital, analog/rf , circuitry too. Right now im not learning anything electronics related (stupid core courses hahaha) but soon at Penn state in Philadelphia there is a campus that supports "nano technology". you can build chips wafers or build tiny things out of atoms. some examples are water resistant surfaces or flexible silicon or even anti-microbial glass that conducts electricity(touch screens). cool stuff

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:19:02 AM »
cool, im looking forward to digital so far im about fed up with boolean algebra and (Captain) DeMorgan's theorum.

we call him captain demorgan to piss off our instructor

devices if cool but i wanna get to some of the more useful chips and things, like we're gonna deal with op amps and 555 timers and stuff and right now i'd get sooo confused if i messed with them

but yeah, i'm also in a course on "voice and data cabling" which is really this is how you make various cables and put them in a wall no closer than .....to metal ..... with a turn radius is no less than ....
and i've had a class in basic PLC programming, right now im in a class on visual basic 2010 and i'll proba bly take the next class where you get to like interface a PLC with a visual basic program on a computer and an access database. i might take communications which is like advanced digital and also has to deal with attenuation and crosstalk....in more detail later(i probably wont) since its so complicated and in depth.

but yeah im attending http://www.abtech.edu/
Stolen from f00kz

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »
cool, im looking forward to digital so far im about fed up with boolean algebra and (Captain) DeMorgan's theorum.

we call him captain demorgan to piss off our instructor

devices if cool but i wanna get to some of the more useful chips and things, like we're gonna deal with op amps and 555 timers and stuff and right now i'd get sooo confused if i messed with them

but yeah, i'm also in a course on "voice and data cabling" which is really this is how you make various cables and put them in a wall no closer than .....to metal ..... with a turn radius is no less than ....
and i've had a class in basic PLC programming, right now im in a class on visual basic 2010 and i'll proba bly take the next class where you get to like interface a PLC with a visual basic program on a computer and an access database. i might take communications which is like advanced digital and also has to deal with attenuation and crosstalk....in more detail later(i probably wont) since its so complicated and in depth.

but yeah im attending http://www.abtech.edu/
all this talk is making me wanna get in to this type of stuff in college  along side sound techian but i guess thats one of the plus things of being a part of a huge community form like ourselfs

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 09:45:28 AM »
Well, I also did work with theatre sound and lighting at my school. Lol I made a circuit with an arduindo that did cool stuff with a bunch of leds and charged $150 for it to my school on the condition I could have it back after the shows. It cost like 50 or 60 for the components and like an hour of programming the arduindo and I got to keep the stuff. Glorious.
Stolen from f00kz

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54:09 AM »
Well, I also did work with theatre sound and lighting at my school. Lol I made a circuit with an arduindo that did cool stuff with a bunch of leds and charged $150 for it to my school on the condition I could have it back after the shows. It cost like 50 or 60 for the components and like an hour of programming the arduindo and I got to keep the stuff. Glorious.
ahaha same vote i was head of sound and light crew for 5 years at my school my boss would come to me asking what was needed before i even knew what event it was i loved it  then i started highschool and they have one guy who does it all cause im not there atm but as soon as im back from my work placement we should have a 15g brand new system
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:54:46 AM by toadzilla »

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:55:18 AM »
all this talk is making me wanna get in to this type of stuff in college  along side sound techian but i guess thats one of the plus things of being a part of a huge community form like ourselfs

lol captain deMorgan. Programming national instrument PLCs are a breeze, flowcharts all the way. When you talk telecom lingo people will think: what a bunch of weirdos haha. There were a couple R&D guys here who are into hacking TV cable boxes and getting free service they could figure out how to order shows for free etc. Its all about FPGA reimaging, hacking and programming, just like the xbox360 jtag hack.

Offline Kool1zero

• Code Monkey
  • Registered BST
  • Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 09:58:10 AM »
Yea lucky! I want a nice sound system we had old pos make it work kinda stuff

And that's cool I'm not much in hacking cable anything hardware but I'm cool with it and makin stuff

Anyway off to work I go
Stolen from f00kz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal