Author Topic: Reset Glitch Hack Trial and Errors  (Read 9490 times)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Reset Glitch Hack Trial and Errors
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:39:31 PM »
I been trying to work this out so i could make a good tutorial on this for AM on the Reset Glitch Hack and using a Cmod Chip. I have done 2 boards with no sucess yet both had 8955 dashboards when i started and cant seem to get it to boot back up with the original nand. I followed the tutorial step by step and done everything i can so far to keep my cool or smashing it with a hammer...lol j/k.

Zephyr and Falcon boards i have tried this on.

I started with cmd prompt and seem to go well my nands matched after two dumps and even checked them with jtag tool  modified the nand using python, and wrote to the nand and got the dreadful RROD.. Error code 0022. So tried it with jtag tool and it stoped the RROD .

I double checked all my solder connections, even checked the program on my cmod chip and it verfied ok... as of know i had help from Anonamous and edokassiah and snowcolt17... tried many different things, and still not booting up...

I tired shortening the wires to a minumal and done everything i can possibly think of , everything seems to check out, but yet it doesnt boot up.

add your thoughts if you have tried this or had sucess with it, seems though the 8955 dashboard is the problem. not compatible with RGH... I will try one more time with a newer dashboard. and see if it works or not.. i will add more as i go and hopefully get a good tutorial out of this after all for othe AM members to use.

Thank you Anonamous edokassiah and snowcolt17 for all your help...means alot when you help out :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:48:47 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: Reset Glitch Hack Trial and Errors
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 01:50:18 PM »
my biggest advice DONT BE A IDIOT AND PULL WIRES AND TRACES
i accidently pulled the cpu _rst line and instant red dot on  a slim took me about an hr to fix it and its a small point to work with

i will be also adding new info to rodents post
because tired of reading 1000000 diff ways to do this i can confirm 3 boxes glitching lol
1 falcon 1 512mb jasper that one took the longest due to the nand size and a slim trinity remember the new corona boards cant be rgh'd due to missing hana chip
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:28:29 PM by laxboy »
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline KingMike_OS

• Shop Owner - Products & Support
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • R&D
    • Modding Shop At the end of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:25:50 PM »
I'm in Process of Step By Step Full Tutorial On Phat and Slim Xbox 360 from Start To end using Team xecuter Product, here is a sneek peak at the Reset Glitch Boot time in Action On Slim using Team Xecuter Cool Runner. I got in 10 - 12 sec Boot Time Every Time.

Installation Photo :

Boot Time Video :

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:40:22 PM by KingMike_OS »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
So the cool runner chip works better then the diligent cmod or hayou cmod chips? I have used both of these and did it step by step on a Zephyr and Falcon both Phat xbox 360 and got same errors on both... both were never RROD before this now they both get 0022 when flashing back the original nand.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:44:01 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 02:56:05 PM »
just found this on libxenon

try that rodent.

I used 30 AWG for all the wires and then used 22 AWG for the ground
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:56:26 PM by Anonamous »

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
i think i am done i just ripped the wire off the FT6u7 point and barely any point to solder to was adding a heavier wire to it guess thats not good to solder to suck a small point ... was using 30 awg move up to 20 gauge

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
i think i am done i just ripped the wire off the FT6u7 point and barely any point to solder to was adding a heavier wire to it guess thats not good to solder to suck a small point ... was using 30 awg move up to 20 gauge
the trace is under the cpu heatsink. I revived my old falcon when i found it lol. Use 30 AWG for everything except for the ground.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
I think i got it but still doesnt boot idk wtf its problem is i done everything like it says by the PDF and everything else you guys helped me with it dont boot up just powers on.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:03:04 PM »
I think i got it but still doesnt boot idk wtf its problem is i done everything like it says by the PDF and everything else you guys helped me with it dont boot up just powers on.

let it run for 4 hours or something lol. Make sure your ground wire is bigger than the rest of ur wires.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 09:24:01 AM »
let it run for 4 hours or something lol. Make sure your ground wire is bigger than the rest of ur wires.
lol 4 hours? damn i know i am unemployed but i still dont have 4 hours to wait around on it to boot, maybe i will do it while i try to sleep...lol I uped the wire size on the power and the ground wire. .. but i will let it run and see what happens.

Edit: I have reprogramed a new cmod chip and verified it , double checked all my wiring, spent 3 hours trying to boot it after i tried with the other cmod chip for 4 hours ... being that this is the second console i have tried with the 8955 dashboard , it doesnt work on this dash I have read that it only works on newer dashboards even using jtag tool it says when you click on zephyr board they had issues with the 12625 dashboard .. i believe thats the dashboard number. so make sure you update the dashboard before you start.

tried to flash back the original nand there is a 0022 error both the Zephyr and the falcon board i tried both got this error i reflowed the zephyr same deal . I done everything possible to change the wire size on ground and power to the chip checked power to the chip get exactly 3.28 volts to the chip.

i will attempt this again on the newer dash, 2 down with no recovery and 7 more to go i guess if i get 5 out of 7 thats not too bad of odds

I have a jasper 256 mb do i right the comand C:\Nandpro usb: -64 namd1.bin or C:\Nandpro usb: -256 nand1.bin?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:10:15 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 11:26:25 AM »
-r256 and -w256

also, make sure its on 13599 or 13604 lol. And I am told that Jaspers take the longest to boot.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:49:05 AM by Anonamous »

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 12:38:59 PM »
Anonamous,

Have you actually glitched a console yet, or you are just basing your response on general Nandpro knowledge? When the glitch first came out, there was no requirement for a certain dash was there? Is that something people have figured out along the way?

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 12:57:07 PM »
Anonamous,

Have you actually glitched a console yet, or you are just basing your response on general Nandpro knowledge? When the glitch first came out, there was no requirement for a certain dash was there? Is that something people have figured out along the way?

I have glitched 2 falcons thank-you. And yes, Rodent discovered it the hard way.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
-r256 and -w256

also, make sure its on 13599 or 13604 lol. And I am told that Jaspers take the longest to boot.

Thanks on the reply, also that is what i read also takes longer to boot a jasper depending on the onboard memory, I am not done messing with this falcon, just took a break, had some controllers todo for Christmas gifts.

Anonamous,

If you use jtag tool and read thru the parts that your assigned to use , they require 13599 dashboard and 13604 dashboards . when doing this with a Falcon. When you click on the Zephyr board it notes a window before you contuinue,that the 12625 dashboard has issues with freeboot

EDIT:REFLOWED DIDN'T SOLVE THE 0022 ISSUE

Some good information if you screw up the solder points on the board.
thanks to Pacote-san  from xboxhacker.org
[Reset Glitch Fix Thread] Guide how to fix n00bish mistakes (Burned pads etc)
http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?topic=17051.0

WARNING:Reset Glitch Hack Warning! Do Not Update Phat Xbox 360 To New 14696 Dash! Read Description
Reset Glitch Hack Warning! Do Not Update Phat Xbox 360 To New 14696 Dash! Read Description

Edit:December 08 2011
I have glitched 2 falcons thank-you. And yes, Rodent discovered it the hard way.

yea i so learned the hard way... but ....

Major progress today, finally got the Reset Glitch hack working on a 13599 dashboard on a falcon mobo, loaded xell got the key for the dvd drive and the cpu keys , and the boot time was with in seconds , shocked me when it loaded . I used the diligent cmod chip just as Anonamous did, and now that i know a little bit more about whats going on , I think i can get the other two mother boards that i crashed coarse on fixed, not sure but really going to give it a shot.. also made the freeboot image and loaded that had some issues using Nandpro20e , had to use Jtag tool also . to get this to work kind of combined the 2 to make this work.

I had errors dumping the nand , and when i reflashed the original nand, thanks to snowcolt17,edokassiah, modded mats jtag tutorials i got thru it and got it working, tried to flash the orignal nand back and still got the 0022 error one time reflashed it again , and got a e79 error...  I wish i would of took notes but its still pretty fresh in my head what i done and how i went about it. hopeing to make a good tutial from this being that people leave so much out lately.

I want to thank Aggresive Mods for showing me some pretty cool videos from some friends of his and thank the guys who made this videos and made this happen for modders out there.. I am sure you will enjoy these videos . this is just some more things that the RGH brings to us for future modders... I wil update again soone ... but as for now I finially had some great sucess using the cmod chips and hope to try the cool runner chips here soon.

Its only me doing this stuff here where i am , other wise i would of had videos already of what i have accomplished i will work something out though, to show this can be done , so now instead of 7 days i got it down to about 12 hours to do this , but I am learning as i am going , so this is my 3rd attempt to make this work and i got it working.

Updated threads to come and hopefully full tutorial.

SLIM dev-kit RGH
Slim Dev RGH

Devkit for meh
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:16:00 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal