Author Topic: #7424 - Plexbox360  (Read 1719 times)

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
#7424 - Plexbox360
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »

initial words from modder

This thread will contain my worklog (7424  :cool:) of my modoff. I have put a huge amount of planning into this project already, and require a sizable budget to acquire all the resources needed. Anyway I hope you follow my mod, even though I havn't explained what I am doing yet :boxed:

Shout out to people who helped me(will update throughout the project)
lone wolf thus far

Parts list (budget total)(will update throughout the project)

The concept
pics to be posted here soon
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:40:49 PM by 7424 »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: #7424
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »
Gawsh this post verification is annoying.

Anyway to the updates, it will be a while till any real modding happens, thorough planning is taking up the majority of my time. I need to order the correct parts, this is where planning is vital, I have to make sure that every thing is perfect, that a screw isn't going to interfer with the recess of a button ect. I am only human, and 1 human at that though so it is almost certain I will forget to leave space to run cables or something. Anyway I am rambling on about nothing in particular so you all want to see some pics.

Here are some of my intital sketched plans, ideas and designs, if you can make anything out from this then you sir are a smarter man than me.

Planning planning planning and modelling... the key to success. Here I am modeling the sizing and logistics of the baseplate to my mod. Just a note this is not the motherboard I will be using, just a randy I had lying around to use as a template ect.

Here is the template thus far, mobo and dvd drive mapped. Screw holes and planned recesses drawn. I need to get these dimensions almost perfect with minimal tolerance, I can't afford to order plexi more than once.

Anyway I have a load of mod planning I can show you guys, just hold your horses I will release things when appropriate if that makes any sense.
This is prisoner? 7424 signing out.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:56:01 PM by 7424 »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline crashmasher

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: #7424 - Plexbox360
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:27:23 PM »
any updates? hope your still in the competition, its been 2 months and im excited to see what you do with the plexi, (relying on the name)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:28:34 PM by crashmasher »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal