Author Topic: world ready acta protests  (Read 2075 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
world ready acta protests
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:02:58 PM »

PROTESTERS ACROSS EUROPE and the US are getting ready to take to the streets in protest against the overbearing Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA).

ACTA does what no one in their right mind wants, it hands over the policing of copyright infringement to rights holders and threatens to censor web sites and cripple internet freedom.

Protests will be held across Europe on Saturday and in a cluster of locations in the US. The protests have the vocal support of the Pirate Party, and it will back protests in words and in physical attendance.

Protests will be held in Glasgow, London and Nottingham, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Belfast and Dublin, as well as in major cities across Europe.

"I hope to see many of my fellow citizens out next Saturday to demand that free speech and privacy online be eroded no further, and to let the political establishment know that they cannot simply bypass democracy like this without people noticing," said Pirate Party Scotland spokesperson Finlay Archibald.

Protest web site KillACTA is publishing a live map of protests that lets people check where and when they are happening.

"ACTA will let rightsholders use laughably inflated claims of damages (based on the disproven idea that every download or stream is a lost sale) to sue people. As if suing amazing artists, video makers and websites for millions wasn't hard enough!" warns internet rights group La Quadrature du Net.

"Trade agreements are a gaping loophole, a backdoor track that, even though it creates new law, is miles removed from democracy." µ

more on the rest of the world at bottom of post

Code: [Select]
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2145346/world-ready-acta-protests
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
Re: world ready acta protests
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 09:18:30 PM »
god i hope there is a protest in my city as Canada already signed acta

*edit*

i just found out that the global protest was yesterday =(.  i also found out that Regina was one of only 3 places in canada that had an ACTA protest =(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:30:57 PM by Bonz »

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:00:33 PM »
god i hope there is a protest in my city as Canada already signed acta

*edit*

i just found out that the global protest was yesterday =(.  i also found out that Regina was one of only 3 places in canada that had an ACTA protest =(
poop didn't know you lived in canada that makes it the three of us u me and crumbz

on topic though this was  signed in canada in august  were just to laid back to relize 

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 07:23:47 AM »
sorry if it was late for most but did not find it till the time i posted it
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
poop didn't know you lived in canada that makes it the three of us u me and crumbz

on topic though this was  signed in canada in august  were just to laid back to relize 

I thought it was October 1st that we signed... regardless we could still backpedal

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »
I thought it was October 1st that we signed... regardless we could still backpedal
PFFT HAVE U SEEN THE TORIES they seem to be  out to be cutting every little thing  stupid grrrrr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal