Author Topic: PSP led mod assistance  (Read 1629 times)

Offline peanutty421

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP led mod assistance
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
ok i wanna do the sound reactive mod with 4 trigger leds (1 blu 1 grn in each trigger) and would also like about 8-10 leds in my clear umd door (4-5 blu 4-5 grn) that would not be sound reactive, these would b controlled with a small slide switch. can all this be handled by the lm386 or do i need to wire the solid leds seperately? If there is someone who has done many leds before who is willing to help with the specifics that would be awesome!!!!

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: PSP led mod assistance
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
there are plenty of people here who can help.

the lm386 is a sound reactive chip. it will be used for the trigger leds.

wire the other solid leds directly to the power source through your switch and resistors.

Offline peanutty421

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PSP led mod assistance
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
ok to get started i wanna make sure im clear about the sound reactive triggers.....the diagram i found on here shows what i want except that i will be using a slide switch to control that is going in the umd area. his diagram shows only a neg going to the wifi switch how do i change so it is controlled by my switch and also how do i wire the additional leds into this arrangement

edit

ok i found where u answered about the extra leds in the triggers....thanks bro.....now can u help me out with wiring the switch lik i said i wanna use a dedicated switch that i am adding in the umd area to control these lights as opposed to using the wifi switch. also if im putting 8-10 leds on a 3v power supply do i need resistors im using 0603 grn and blu both say 3v forward voltage...sorry for the noob questions...i cant seem to find a diagram on multiple leds

[gmod] please do not double post[/gmod]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:59:50 PM by whitetop »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal