Author Topic: Circuit Help  (Read 2415 times)

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
Circuit Help
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:21:27 PM »
Hi guys

I'm putting together a Speech Recognition Kit to work with my 360 controller mod. The kit has a 10 pin out for switching on & off devices. The instructions give an example for turning on a printer with a constant current until the word is spoken again. I need the signal to be momentary to simulate a momentary switch(controller button). It also does not specify the output voltage, so I'm wondering if it's 9v since its powered by a 9v battery. However on page 19 it says "Response time less than 300 milliseconds 5v power supply. Here's a link to the manual: http://www.imagesco.com/speech/SR-07.pdf

So my questions are:

1) Do I need a circuit to make the output momentary or does it already do that?

2) Whats the output voltage?

3) If the output voltage is 5v or 9v, will it over power the 360 controller?

I'm not the best with circuits, any help be appreciated.

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
Re: Circuit Help
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:29:54 AM »
1. It looks like you need another circuit to make it momentary, google 555 monostable, they are easy to make, might draw abit too much power if you are running this on batteries though

2. it looks like the main board is 9V and the two daughter boards need 5V, and thats where the confusion came from. But I'm not 100% because I can't actually tell  where the output on that board is, i'd just jab at it with a multimeter

3. I wouldn't put 9V into a 360 controller.

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:50:24 AM »
So your saying I could use a Monostable to cut off the output voltage after a certain length of time? I get the idea but its confusing. What would I need to get this to work? I will check the output current when I assemble the main board.

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 07:22:51 AM »
Yeah, thats the best idea i can think of, because it seems that you say the word, it turns on until you say the word again and it turns off, so put a 555 timer on the output Scratch that, it wouldn't work, because you need to turn off the output to use it again, I'm not to sure about it actually, thats a doozy, lemme think about it

Offline SixtyninNaMoose

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
OK, I appreciate it. let me know if you figure something out

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal