Author Topic: Old school back with a 360 slim. Lost touch with mods and flash need help  (Read 102542 times)

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
The Jrp Switch BacK To Normal. Also There Was No Need To Flash The Jrp As It Comes Preinstalled. As For Not Detecting, Make Sure You Disconnect The Jtag Cable Press Reset On The jrp, Then Reconnect And Try Again.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Thanks Rodent :)

Oh okie, I read though most of it. downloading the lib. exe and lib. bin file source. I am a little concerned that in the guide it did talk about how this might affect other USB driver. I hope not in a bad way I run external hard drive loaded with program and media.

you can probably backup a copy of the original files or make a system restore point just in case it effects anything but it should be ok.

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
you can probably backup a copy of the original files or make a system restore point just in case it effects anything but it should be ok.

Well couldn't make a backup but that is fine. It also didn't pick up on the jrp :/ I tried all 5 port, 3 front 2 back excluding the 3.0 and still nothing.  Only time it actually pick up is when I have it on bootloader and even then it shows up as USB device not Jrprogrammer. I tried looking for the driver, xecuter forum has it but I have to be register to download :/ awesome.

The Jrp Switch BacK To Normal. Also There Was No Need To Flash The Jrp As It Comes Preinstalled. As For Not Detecting, Make Sure You Disconnect The Jtag Cable Press Reset On The jrp, Then Reconnect And Try Again.

Tried it, also held down the reset for 5 second and 10 seconds, held reset and moved the switch back and forth, held it disattach CR, Held it disattach CR and moved switch back and forth... So far nothing :/ Tried Rodent link for the lib update Nothing.

Going to try on my window 8 laptop to see if maybe it will work then. 
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
did you try manually pointing to the correct drivers instead of letting windows install it
?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
Do you have the jr programmer drivers for j-runner?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:09:46 PM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
did you try manually pointing to the correct drivers instead of letting windows install it
?

I tried but couldn't get it to load. Went to manager this time, lib update finally showed me the driver for jrp

Here what I got
So it finally saw the Jrp

But gave me code: 28 no driver found

I went ahead and looked up driver for jrp and nothing

Anyone know where I can get jrp driver?? lol

Do you have the jr programmer drivers for j-runner?

Nope didn't know I needed them till now haha, no idea where to get it either

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
when you originally downloaded jrunner, which version was it? the latest one has the drivers included

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
when you originally downloaded jrunner, which version was it? the latest one has the drivers included

version 288 and all driver for is NANDx. Oh wait....... Ohhhhhh okie I had to do a manual check loading driver now and done.... I AM an idiot XD

Hmm still can not flash CR, when I run coolrunner flash, from the list under corona I choosing 2-3 and click OK in the list still says "device not found" :/

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:31:50 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Wow. I have to say this has been fun to watch this thread lol. Alot of work going into this mod hahah.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
did u move the cr switch to prog when trying to program?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Wow. I have to say this has been fun to watch this thread lol. Alot of work going into this mod hahah.

Lol I know, but its benefital in the end when other who want to attempt on there 4gb it will be easy for them to learn from this haha.

did u move the cr switch to prog when trying to program?

Yes its set to prg. I went ahead and moved the slim to phat and tried again with the same outcome. Not sure whats going on, Ill retry another port before moving it to window 8 lol

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
what position is the programmer switch?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
what position is the programmer switch?

set to the left on both switch, top set away from jp-b and the second one set away from jp-3

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
and no power cord is connected to the xbox correct?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
and no power cord is connected to the xbox correct?

you are correct lol

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
 when you flash the hex into the jr programmer, did any little x show up? if so, thats not good, youare gonna have to reprogram it again. when it is in the middle of verifying, switch the switch from prog to nor on the programmer.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
when you flash the hex into the jr programmer, did any little x show up? if so, thats not good, youare gonna have to reprogram it again. when it is in the middle of verifying, switch the switch from prog to nor on the programmer.

Didn't show an X at all, but it stayed red throughout. till I changed switch and it went green. Let me flash the hex again could have been the issue with the driver not being found the first time.

here an image

here the image after the switch is set back during verifying

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:36:22 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
i ran into a similar problem before as well, the thing that fixed it for me was the usb cable that i used for it. i used a usb cable that had like a round thing on one of the ends. plus tx says to make sure that you use a usb cable that is meant for data transfer as most charging cable are only power connected on the inside pins.

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
I think its a noise or feedback filter.

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
yeah a loop insulator, but its the only usb cable that doesn't give me a problem. if i connect another usb cable ex: my phone charger cable, then it'll work once in a while.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
i ran into a similar problem before as well, the thing that fixed it for me was the usb cable that i used for it. i used a usb cable that had like a round thing on one of the ends. plus tx says to make sure that you use a usb cable that is meant for data transfer as most charging cable are only power connected on the inside pins.

Hmm changed the cable around I have the one that you have only used to charge my ps3 controller. I swapped it out for one that didn't have the round thing and about to swap it out for the one used for my 1.5tb WD external HDD in the back port.

Yep tried the data cable for my WD HDD and still the same :/ only thing that I have notice is that Jr picked up Jrp. Didn't have to reset Jr or Jrp

I think its a noise or feedback filter.

Hmm feed back is that possible?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:54:20 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
could be. Never know. I would say maybe driver ussues but idk.

Are you plugging it into the mobo itself for usb or the front panel?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
could be. Never know. I would say maybe driver ussues but idk.

Are you plugging it into the mobo itself for usb or the front panel?

I tried both front and back ports. I have five 2.0, one 1.1 and three 3.0 usb connection. Though the two front 3.0 are not connected. I am still have the same issue though through front and back port. No change.

random is fun

Offline Gizmo613

• MFH
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +17/-0
  • Acidmods User
I Have No Other Clues At This Point.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
I use a USB cable from a PS3 Controller for charging the controller , all though mine does't have any type of Insulator on it, I use to use my USB port hub till i worn it out , now i use the front port on my pc I get no feed back from either.  I do have a issue sometimes due to J-runner being a pain and not working properly that it will not detect my jr programmer or nand x  . usually rebooting or restarting j-runner helps. Also when i updated my nand x and jr programmer i had some issues also where the jr programmer wouldn't go back to green led but would stay red or orange.

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
I use a USB cable from a PS3 Controller for charging the controller , all though mine does't have any type of Insulator on it, I use to use my USB port hub till i worn it out , now i use the front port on my pc I get no feed back from either.  I do have a issue sometimes due to J-runner being a pain and not working properly that it will not detect my jr programmer or nand x  . usually rebooting or restarting j-runner helps. Also when i updated my nand x and jr programmer i had some issues also where the jr programmer wouldn't go back to green led but would stay red or orange.

Hmm well I don't shut down my PC unless there was a severe thunderstorm or update require a reboot. I might have to do that. Shutdown the PC entirely and restart maybe that will fix the issue.

That has been happening before and after flashing the firmware with the .hex It stays red unless I reset the jrp and hit the switch back out of bootloader.  From the xecuter site I was suppose to have green light even after the flash on bootloader. One person has it red still and they blew passed what he said without asking or advising for any troubleshoot.

I'll restart back up tomorrow with the problem after the family get together for mothers day.

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
If you need help just say the word I can help thru Team Veiwer or skype

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
I think after installing any drivers or editing any windows lib's you need to reboot...

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
I think after installing any drivers or editing any windows lib's you need to reboot...
yes i agree that rebooting after installing  or editing is a must  when using  Nand x or jr programmer  even just restarting j-runner from time to time helps  .  I know this is your first RGh but still . i use j-runner alot and i have to restart it from time to time.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
Same is so for any driver or editing of windows files. Even adding dll's and such requires reboot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal