Author Topic: Cyber skull Xbox 360 slim  (Read 16565 times)

Offline The End of A Heartache

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
Cyber skull Xbox 360 slim
« on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:13 PM »
So yes I am working on multiple things at once. I have a very hyper mind and it tends to move on with things when I still am planning others.

So the shell of the xbox 360 slim I plan on modding it and want to throw out some things before my mind kills me

I went ahead and did some sketch

I have come up with a main color scheme of Neon (UV) Green, black and maybe Neon (UV) orange to break up and contrast the neon UV green

The main part I will need to buy but they cost less on ebay

With the lights I plan on dropping 3 mini slide switch on the back end of the case. One will control the on off of the UV light, the other will control the Green light and the other will control both light (like a main cut off switch)

I will also swap the Sata cable for a 6inch UV green sata cable. I prefer my internal to match up the color scheme

I want to paint the top and bottom bezel UV green and break some of the flow on the shell with UV orange paint.

I know my sketch looks horrible keep in mind I do not plan things out because they usually don't go the way I plan them lol

Anyways that is all I have now I am waiting on some parts to arrive for the RGH hack. I will order the mod parts before I buy my Xkey
...emo freak out! >.< ........

random is fun

Offline snowcolt17

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +16/-1
  • If all else fails, reflow it
Re: Cyber skull Xbox 360 slim
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 06:39:05 PM »
thats sweet.. i wish i could dray

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »
thats sweet.. i wish i could dray

Lol thanks snowcolt. I hope it all comes out as planned in my head. At Least from the first memory in my head of the plan haha. I keep getting more ideas by the minute so I should type this down before I forget.

Want to sleeve the xkey remote to match the color scheme Uv Green and Uv orange since the shell of the remote is black. Will need 1/8 extensional sleeving in UV green and orange and Uv green and orange heatsink to match. with the leftover sleeving I might also do the power cable for the disc drive to match.

I've done it before with uv blue 1/4 expansion sleeving on the power cable didn't come out so good so I will adapt two color 3color 1/8 sleeving in black, UV green and UV orange and see how it fairs up.

Also might vinyl the inside shell in black carbon fiber. this will look good and ground some things including hardware like lights and switches.

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:06:19 AM »
Very nice ideas.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:59:59 AM »

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
So what are you going to do on the faceplate? just cut out the design all togethr or cut the lines into it?

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »
So what are you going to do on the faceplate? just cut out the design all together or cut the lines into it?

Hmm for the face plate well I wanted to do a simple paint job with but i might end up doing is cutting the line into it and filling it with neon green paint. Just the idea I might actually cut the line into it and run El wire with the DC to AC USB connection on the outside or solder into the power of the USB. I won't be able to run the EL wire direct because the board output DC and the El wire requires AC to function properly.

What I will do is a window on the side, give it a form that will go with the shape of the cyber skull and do the light UV paint on the optical drive, Xkey logo with UV green Sata cable and UV sleeve power cable, Carbon fiber black vinyl the internal case and the lay my light to showcase the inside. I want to do a window as well on the optical disc drive and if I get created internal light on the optical disc drive as well lol. I saw an old xbox phat mod with internal light in the drive.

The xkey will be sleeved which will keep the wire from bundling and looking nice as well go with the color theme.

The material aren't expensive other than the pre cut window for the optical drive on ebay around $22 so I will hold it off till After I get the xkey. Will be my final touch
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:12:24 PM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 10:07:30 PM »
So Alittle update before I rest up for tomorrow.

I went and bought the parts for the hack today minus the xkey. I had to set aside the money for the mod to buy some things for family and client.

But I did manage to get the first part of the hack as well as start off the case mod with some templates to work with.

Using packaging sticker I went ahead and did a one side template.

I learned if you make one side and fold it over and outline you can duplicate and make it even. Making a full template can be challenging trying to even out the other side.

Because the lack of space I only had 6inch to work with. Making my cyberskull was a bit tricky they usually don't all come out the same.

I don't like to throw away scraps. The eco friendly part of me like to use things when needed. Scraps can be used easily ;)

The last bit you can see I drew the window directly. I did this because when I remove the template I will be reusing them. When I start to cut I wont be using a template.

Last bit before going off for a couple of winks. I rethought about the window. I will be making a template for the actual plexi part so it will be a tight fit. I have some u channel grommet that I saved up for a PC window mod that I might not do. So again going back to the scrap I will be using that U channel for this mod :) 

The template will be used and cardboard pressed with tape over to keep them for awhile. I have more to do but seeing I am tight on money again I will hold off. I also have to RGH the board so when the tools come in I'll take the system apart to get to the board and start cutting and doing what I need to.

That is it for me I am out  :drunk: cheers

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 06:16:29 PM »
Okie had some rest and was researching how to setup the RGH to extract the key for the xkey.

In the meantime I went ahead and started the window cut out.

Spending nearly the whole day filing down the ends to get a very tight fit

You can see its hardly noticeable till I pop it out.

Well tomorrow might come in the 48mhz ceramic Oscillator Oh I am hoping.

I will finish up the mod after hacking the key :)

Wish me luck  :tup:

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »
So Alittle update. I finally got my UV green SATA cable although its pretty long Ill see how I can manage to shorten them down so it fits properly in my case.

Since I am waiting for some advice on which tool is better on my other thread I decide to work on the shell some.

I went ahead and painted the shell, choosing a section to use the green. Using black to break up the gray.

I still need to clean up some few area and I also forgot to buy neon orange. I wanted to incorporate the color somewhere around the case. Wanted to make my edge over the lower grey. Do something small between the window and vent grills. I also said I wanted to highlight the eye in UV green and orange. I might end up doing is making my vector line in neon green and neon orange. Want to also do a ring around the power on sensor area give it direct focus around it.

With more Idea edge around the neon green with grey. do some line break up and border the back are where the green block are.

Hay that is what I might do Neon orange border the grey area, grey border the neon green, Neon orange vector line on the cyber skull and border the window? 

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »
So I finally got my neon orange and was painting my shell while I waited for my tools to come in.

I wish I had time to do more but florida weather sucks this time around. Managed to get a couple of sun hour to do the side panels but couldn't finish doing the front face.

I wanted to add more to the front side panel but since I bought other things I will leave it like so.

I have to go back and do some touchup on the back side of the panel some how it didn't line up at all :/

If you notice I also did the stock xbox slim fan. I had some issue trying to get to each blade and managed to bulk up the paint in some area.

Since the fan spindle can not be taken off the base I think I will just have to buy another type of fan. Looking for size and type I found A Case fan with PWM and 4 connection line. I might end up doing is cutting the wire off the stock fan and soldering it to the new fan.
'
I also order 50cm of waterproof UV light strip, I went with the one above so I can cut them to length slide them in place and solder some extension. Each light only require 9v to 14v max at a max distance of 50 feet.

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 05:44:58 PM »
Awesome. I dont think the PWM on case fans would wire up correctly with the xbox. Go ahead and get some quite fans and run them 12v. Wont hurt when its meant to run full speed,.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »
Awesome. I dont think the PWM on case fans would wire up correctly with the xbox. Go ahead and get some quite fans and run them 12v. Wont hurt when its meant to run full speed,.

Thank you and I am experimenting around wanting to know if it could work lol. In either case if it doesn't work out how I am experimenting then I can just run them 12v or go back with the stock fan. In either case the fan I bought is a quiet fan with High RPM @ 2750. No Idea what's  the CFM but fan size  90mm x 25mm Yes a tad small but after painting the fan blade fluorescent green with orange tip's I will be adding the UV light which should take take care of the rest of the space.

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 06:15:18 PM »
That really is coming out nice , the colors go good together.  keep up the good work

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
That really is coming out nice , the colors go good together.  keep up the good work

Thanks rodent :) anything goes good with black haha.

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »
So a little more update on the mod

I went ahead and did my vector line. Looks great :)

So I need to go back in and with more primer paint and paint in this missing spot

I decide not to paint my line over the USB door hinge. Instead I decide to leave at is

As well I got my fan in today. Can you spot the xbox stock fan from the PWM case fan??

I still yet to get my light which will be by next week. I am also waiting on my tool order for my RGH. Few things still to go let see how it all comes out ;)

random is fun

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »
Left is stock. I also found these..

PC 4 pin

1             2           3          4
 GND      +12v    Monitor    PWM
(BLACK) (RED) (YELLOW) (BLUE)
360 slim

It appears the pins are the same but numbered backwards maybe? I do not have a slim fan to check but if you could post a picture of the wire /header for the slim stock fan then I could tell you for sure.

Looks really good. Keep it up!!

Edit: may be a brown or green sense wire on the stocker...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 03:30:15 PM by ViSioNXx »

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 07:42:39 AM »
Left is stock. I also found these..

PC 4 pin

1             2           3          4
 GND      +12v    Monitor    PWM
(BLACK) (RED) (YELLOW) (BLUE)
360 slim

It appears the pins are the same but numbered backwards maybe? I do not have a slim fan to check but if you could post a picture of the wire /header for the slim stock fan then I could tell you for sure.

Looks really good. Keep it up!!

Edit: may be a brown or green sense wire on the stocker...

Thank you, I still need to paint a few more things than I am completely done with the shell paint. I have to place the plexi in the shell finally light and the rest lol.

So for sure the stock xbox slim fan are PWM and here a image of the stock fan wiring to the Case fan :) its mirrored very well

I will test it out as soon as I am done RGH my board to get the key.

I might either cut the line and splice it or de-solder the connection pin on the board and solder a 4pin standard fan connection.

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 07:44:59 AM »
12V fan mod for slims

url=https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,42590.0.html]https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,42590.0.html[/url]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:50:56 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:00:11 AM by The End of A Heartache »

random is fun

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
Thanks rodent :)
If you havent fully rghed the console yet you can build the fan speed you want in the  Freeboot img before you flash it. let me know if you need to i can help on team veiwer or skype

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »
I would either cut and solder the splice or  maybe try and take the pins out and put them in the other socket. Not sure if the pin size is the same though...

On second thought, write down or take a picture of the pins connections on the back of the fan and just desolder the ole wires and solder on the new ones. That would be the most "pro" way I think.

Rodent? will he be able to mod that and still have a clean nand for live?

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »

Rodent? will he be able to mod that and still have a clean nand for live?
since he has already dumped to clean nands , or more we can change the freeboot img that is the updflash.bin so the fan speed can be changed.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
Cool. Thanks. I was not trying to second guess you I wanted to know for my info lol.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 08:46:25 AM »
Cool. Thanks. I was not trying to second guess you I wanted to know for my info lol.
welcome yea i know.  and any info i can give to help is always good to learn

Rodent consoles mods

Offline ViSioNXx

• Global Moderator
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • PC Guru
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2013, 09:25:18 AM »
Cool. I want to try my hand one day.

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 07:50:56 PM »
So today I got the optical drive mod shell the XCM with window as well as one set of my light.

The upper XCM shell versus the stock shell

Since I have a small roll of carbonfiber vinyl left over I decide why not use it :)

Hmm so thats how the window sits nicely lol

Well I wanted to do something crazy so I am going to paint this parts Question is, Fluorescent green or orange??

Oh looks like I found an easy way to take out the tray without damaging the teeth underside :)

So all three part ready for paint tomorrow.

As for light I will work on them as soon as I am done RGHing my mother board. As what they look like :/ Kind of not impressed and frankly it looks like some cheap set of lights. I must try them out with a 9volt to see whether or not I didn't get a broken set.

I still yet to get the UV set which from the looks of it will arrive this friday to next monday. Let see what happens.

random is fun

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 11:17:44 AM »
So I had a clear weather today. Sun is nice and hot, wind is warm and not to strong

Starting off from the last mod

I finished paint the optical drive with the carbon fiber vinyl.

A quick look I think it looks intresting

Veiw of the face panel with the optical drive inside.

So I got my lights a couple days ago. Only got the green strip in the mail still waiting for the UV strip.

I went ahead and measured out my panel and cut the strip to side. 3 set for the entire case

Because each strip has some water proof sealent I had to carefully cut the ends

One great thing about each light strip, they are very flexable. I am able to bend them without breaking the board

Downside is knowing the back end has the copper trace expose which means I might have to clean it and add some kind of coating to prevent shorts.

So The day seems very sunny perfect day to paint.

Did the top and bottom vent. Love that fluorescent orange can not wait to see how it looks under a black light

Bottom vent in fluorescent green

Left the latch in black, easier to see the release for the hard drive cover.

Close up the fluorescent green almost glows without a black light

Well next step is to get plastic weld and join the plexi to the shell. I wanted to use U channel grommet but I made the whole thing very tight will not have room to fit the Grommet in place.

I need to find a thick plastic weld solution to fill in mini gaps.

I have yet to hack the board Not sure what is the problem but thanks to Rodent I will use his NANDx and see if I can flash CR to my corona. But  once done I will begin to wire my lights. I am also waiting for my UV light strips to arrive.

I might drop some UV lights inside my optical drive and around my fan.

Also before I drop my window I need to clear coat my shell to keep the paint from scuffing off.

Not much is left to do :)

random is fun

Offline Brennidon

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 07:54:31 AM »
looking great man! cant wait to see it with the UV lights on it!

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Mr. Martinez
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
looking great man! cant wait to see it with the UV lights on it!

Thanks as soon as I finish RGH my board Ill add my lights and take more shots I need to get myself a black light still for my room lol

random is fun

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal